We have a total crush on Debby Ryan's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Eager to find out how to get the look myself, I turned to celeb hairstylist Brian Magallones, who has worked with Debby before. He's breaking down the 'do for us today!
Get the look
"This look is all about healthy, voluminous hair, while still looking young and modern. It's about looking sexy yet effortless, and Debby pulls it off perfectly," Magallones says.
- To achieve this look, start by combing a good volumizing product through your hair. You want something that won't weigh your hair down. My favorite is the Rene Furterer Vegetal Styling Mousse.
- Once the product is evenly distributed throughout the hair, rough dry your hair until about 80 percent of the moisture is out. Try to concentrate on the roots and getting as much root lift as possible.
- Once about 80 percent of the moisture is out, continue blowing out hair using a large round brush. Starting at the top of the head, working with 1-2 inch sections depending on the thickness of your hair, and as each section is dried, place it into a barrel curl. Large Velcro rollers can also be used at this stage as an option.
- When drying the front top section, be sure to dry the roots in the forward direction with a deep side part. Once the whole head is set, give it a light mist of a medium holding hairspray. For this, I love the Aveda Air Control hairspray.
- Once all of the barrel curls have cooled, take them down and brush your hair thoroughly to relax any curl into a soft wave using a bristle brush. For this, nothing beats a Mason Pearson Junior brush.
- The last step is to take a flat iron and straighten out the ends of your hair. The straight ends are the most important factor in keeping this hairstyle looking young and modern.
- Then simply give yourself a dramatic deep side part, and run a finishing cream through to smooth away any flyaways. I like Phyto Professional Glossing Cream. And the finishing touch is always a light mist of Aveda Brilliant Spray on Shine to keep hair looking healthy and shiny all night long.
More celeb hairstyles we love
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: AnnaSophia Robb
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Nicole Richie
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Jessica Alba
Photo credit: WENN.com