Share a beautiful smile that shines! No need to hit the makeup counter for a pricey product. Make this DIY glamorous lip gloss instead.
If you're looking for a little shine to go with your smile, don't head to the drugstore or department store for luscious lips. This DIY glamorous lip gloss is easy to make at home with just a few ingredients. Get your gloss on with this easy recipe!
You'll need a few containers to store your gloss. You can find these at a craft supply store, along with decals to decorate the lids for a nice finishing touch. This recipe makes enough for 2 (1/2-ounce) containers — keep one and give one to a friend!
Apply the gloss with the tip of your finger or with a lip brush, either by itself or over a lip pencil or matte lipstick for added shine to your color.
DIY glamorous lip gloss
- 4 tablespoons petroleum jelly
- 2 teaspoons beeswax pellets
- 20 drops of your favorite essential oil (we used orange)
- Glass-spouted measuring cup
- 2 (1/2-ounce) containers with lids
- Decals to decorate the lids (optional)
- Add the beeswax and petroleum jelly to the glass measuring cup, and melt the ingredients in the microwave. You'll want to do this gradually, heating in 20-30-second increments and stirring in between until the ingredients are melted.
- When melted, add the essential oil and stir.
- Quickly pour the mixture from the measuring cup into the containers.
- Allow the containers to sit for about 20 minutes until the gloss sets, and then add the lids. Decorate the lids if you'd like.
Give it up for this DIY glamorous lip gloss!
More DIY beauty
DIY peppermint lip balm
DIY chocolate chip lip balm
DIY rosewater toner