Who doesn’t look her best after time at the beach? The sunny days and ocean breeze can do wonders! Get seaside-inspired hair anytime with this DIY spray.
No need to hit the beach for an adorable hairstyle. You can get the same wind and sea salt wavy locks even if you're nowhere near the ocean. It's super easy to make a DIY sea salt spray for beachy waves at home!
The sea salt in the spray will help bring out your natural waves, the essential oil will help keep your hair moisturized (and smelling great), and the hair gel will help to hold things beautifully. Get ready for a wind-swept, beach-inspired ‘do!
DIY salt spray for beachy waves
- 8 ounces warm water
- 5 drops of your favorite essential oil (we used grapefruit)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt or coarse salt (a little more for very long or thick hair)
- 1 teaspoon hair gel (the runnier, the better)
- 1 spray bottle
- Mix the ingredients together in your spray bottle and shake to combine.
- Spray the mixture onto towel-dried, damp hair. Run your hands through your hair to make sure the spray is distributed to all areas, and then tousle your hair with your hands and twist a few sections.
- Allow your hair to air dry.
- After your hair is dry, gently run your fingers through your hair to help break up some of the larger waves.
You'll be swept away with a great hairstyle!
More DIY beauty
DIY facial mist for summertime
Beer treatments for your hair
DIY fragrance made with vodka