Who doesn’t want a great moisturizer for her hands? A sweet citrus scent makes things even better!
Now that the winter is over, it's time to give those gloves a rest. This moisturizing hand cream is just what your hands need to get ready for spring. A sweet citrus scent adds the right touch of "ahhhhh" to this DIY moisturizing citrus hand cream. There are several ingredients in the mix that will bring moisture to even the driest of hands. The olive oil not only adds moisturizing properties, it adds a slight green tint, too.
This is easy to make, and it's a fun project, too. Put it in a pretty jar with a fun label, and it makes a wonderful gift.
DIY Moisturizing Citrus Hand Cream
- 1 cup distilled water
- 15 drops of orange essential oil, more or less to taste
- 1 tablespoon wax pellets
- 1 tablespoon shea butter
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 vitamin E capsules, broken open and liquid added to the mix (discard the shells)
- In a large microwaveable bowl, add the wax pellets, shea butter, olive oil and vitamin E oil. Microwave for about 3 minutes (or until the wax pellets have melted).
- In a separate bowl, combine the water and essential oil.
- Add the water mixture to the first bowl after microwaving.
- Use a stick blender to blend the ingredients until smooth (you can also do this in a regular blender). If you have any remaining water, simply drain it off.
- Place in a glass jar with an airtight lid.
Get your hands ready for spring!
More DIY Skin Care
DIY lemongrass body wash
DIY clay and lavender cuticle cream
DIY peppermint lip balm