Looking for the perfect statement bag this spring? Try a fierce '60s-inspired, graphic-print must-have, which stood out in Fendi and Louis Vuitton's SS13 collections.
- Where it's appropriate: Everywhere! A vibrant bag works great to brighten up a dark suit for work or to add some playfulness to a cute tee and pair of skinnies for weekend brunch with the girls.
- How to wear: Make the graphic bag the standout piece, so try to avoid other prints when it comes to fashion. Our tip: Stick to neutrals like black, gray or white!
Not only are clear, lucite shoes a major spring trend, but clear bags are, too! Both Burberry and Anna Sui showcased cool see-through satchels in their runway shows, making them totally covetable this season.
- Where it's appropriate: The clear detailing gives off more of a casual vibe, so save this style for the weekends or after work.
- How to wear: If you're not so into a bag where the entire world can see your goods, opt for a style (like the one here) that has clear accents. That way, you'll still embody the trend, but won't be uncomfortable as you're walking around.
Oh, how Parisian! Who doesn't love a classic black-and-white moment? We can't get enough of this neutral combo when it comes to clothing, but on a bag? We're even more obssesed! So sophisticated, yet incredibly chic.
- Where it's appropriate: Everywhere! A classic black-and-white stunner works everywhere — whether you're running between meetings during the work week or out for dinner with your man on a Friday night.
- How to wear: Since the bag itself is neutral, opt for some color everywhere else. Try a colored blouse (like a pink or lavender) with pastel blue pants for an outfit that could work for work or play.
The perfect over-the-arm staple, a saddle bag is your solution for an adorable (hands-free) bag.
- Where it's appropriate: Given the cross-body nature of the saddle bag, this style works better in a more casual setting. Something crossed over a work ensemble, like a suit, will appear bunchy and not put together.
- How to wear: Throw this cute bag over a cool moto jacket and your favorite pair of jeans for the weekends!
Headed to the beach this spring? Ditch your boring tote, and opt for a cute straw option instead!
- Where it's appropriate: Straw screams casual! So save your tote for the weekends — especially if you're headed on a picnic or to the beach. Our tip: Get a large enough style to fit all of your day trip essentials — a towel, change of clothes, a water bottle, etc.
- How to wear: Swing a straw tote over a classic tee and cut-offs with a swimsuit underneath for that casual, beachy-girl vibe.
Shopping with Summer: Moms on the go
The best of New York Fashion Week!
Big bag vs. small bag: Which is safer for your belongings?