We have a total crush on Keri Russell's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
I recently fell for this sideswept look Keri Russell rocked at the NYC premiere of The Americans and went to her mane man, Brian Magallones, to get the scoop on how to steal the look for ourselves!
Get the look
"Keri was wearing an amazing pair of leather pants and suede top by Alexander McQueen. I wanted her hair to look glamorous and appropriate for the red carpet, yet still modern and edgy to complement what she was wearing. I decided to go with a modern take on a classic '50s look."
- To create this look, I started by taking 2-inch sections of hair and curling them with a curling iron and pinning them up in pin curls.
- As I was curling, I sprayed each section with Aveda Volumizing Tonic to add volume and hold.
- I used a 1-inch curling iron around the face for a more defined wave and a large 1-3/4-inch iron for the rest of the head.
- Once the pin curls had cooled and set, I removed each pin curl and flat ironed the ends. The straight ends are what give this look that modern edge.
- Next, I created a deep side part for drama and brushed the hair to relax the curl and shape the wave around the face.
- I finished it off by running some Aveda Brilliant Emollient Finishing Gloss through to add amazing shine, and held it in place all night long with Aveda Control Force hairspray.