Can't decide whether to add something a little sweet or spicy to your life? Try this exfoliating body scrub for a little of each!
It’s your time to shine! Sugar scrubs are a great way to help polish your body, eliminating dead cells and letting your soft skin show through. This DIY sweet and spicy sugar scrub is amazing! You probably have sugar and spices in your cupboards and with just a few more ingredients, you’ll have a gentle and fragrant product to use in the shower. Your body will glow, feel moisturized and smell good, too. Sugar scrubs are especially good on dried knees and elbows.
DIY sweet and spicy sugar scrub
A word of caution: This scrub may be a bit slippery in the shower or tub due to the almond oil. Take care not to slip, and rinse any remaining oil from the bottom of your tub or shower when you’re finished.
Before applying the scrub to your body, first test it on your inner arm, where your skin is more sensitive, to help ensure you can tolerate the ingredients. Make sure your arm is slightly wet first.
This recipe makes about 2/3 of a cup of scrub. Use a spoon to mix it before using it, and store it in a cool spot with a lid on.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup almond oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and mix them together. Then add the wet ingredients to the dry, and mix until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a wide-mouth container with a secure lid.
- Use in the shower or bath, while your body is wet. Scoop up some of the scrub with your fingers and gently massage it over your arms, legs and shoulders in a circular motion.
- Rinse well when finished.
More DIY beauty treatments
DIY peppermint lip balm
DIY fragrance made with vodka
DIY cranberry anti-aging face mask