You’ll love the moisture, shine and taste of this easy DIY chocolate chip lip balm!
Ready for kissable, chocolate-flavored lips? This fun and easy DIY chocolate chip lip balm keeps your lips moist and supple, and gives them a chocolate flavor you’ll love (and so might others)! If you'd like a chocolate-mint flavor, you can also add a few drops of peppermint essential oil to this mix.
Use cosmetic-grade products to make this lip balm. You can find these supplies at stores like Hi-Health and Whole Foods. You can find the containers at craft supply stores, along with stickers to decorate the tops for a nice finishing touch.
DIY chocolate chip lip balm
- 1 tablespoon pure shea butter
- 2 tablespoons sweet almond oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax pearls (also called pellets)
- 12 chocolate chips
- 4 (1/2 ounce) containers
- Glass-spouted measuring cup
- Plastic spoon
- Optional: 5-8 drops peppermint essential oil, stickers to decorate the container lids
- Add the shea butter, almond oil and beeswax to the glass measuring cup and melt the ingredients in the microwave. You’ll want to do this gradually, heating in 15-second increments and stirring in between, until the ingredients are melted.
- When melted, add the chocolate chips to the mixture (do not microwave) and stir until they melt.
- Optional: If you’d like a chocolate chip mint flavor, add the peppermint essential oil, stirring to mix well.
- Quickly pour the mixture from the measuring cup into the containers.
- Allow the containers to sit for about 30 minutes until the balm is solid, and then add the lids. Decorate the lids if you’d like.
Get kissable lips!
More DIY beauty treatments
DIY fragrance made with vodka
DIY peppermint lip balm
DIY cranberry anti-aging face mask