We have a total crush on Jessica Chastain's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
There were a lot of amazing 'dos at last weekend's Golden Globes, but we'll highlight some of those next week! This week, I just need to give a shout-out to the lovely Jessica Chastain and the chic French twist she recently sported to the National Board of Review Awards Gala.
I love looks with a twist — get it?! — and this flawless updo works so well with the embellished neckline Jessica's dress features. Naturally, I want to know how to get the look myself, so I turned to Shannon Walsh, stylist at Boston's renowned Jeffrey Lyle Salon, to find out how we can all recreate the look at home!
Get the look
"Jessica wears this style beautifully with her natural makeup and simple black Alexander McQueen dress," Walsh says.
Tools you'll need: 1-inch curling iron, styling comb, paddle brush, bobby pins, hairspray
- Start by using your curling iron to give the hair body and make it more pliable when you pin it up later.
- Next, use fingers to "comb" out curls and lightly mist with hairspray.
- Now take the styling comb, and tease the entire head of hair. This helps give the bobby pins something to grab onto.
- Section out the mohawk (from the outer corners of eyebrows to the crown of head) and clip out of the way.
- Using the paddle brush, smooth out the rest of the hair, brushing it back and sweeping it to the left side.
- While holding the hair, use your other hand to slide in bobby pins vertically from the very bottom, criss-crossing as you work up the head.
- Now, gather all the hair and twist tightly to the right, covering all of those bobby pins.
- Insert bobby pins horizontally into the twist, so they intersect with the vertical pins, making the style secure.
- After, take out the mohawk section and lightly comb hair back, leaving a loose wave. Pin ends of hair into the French twist.
- Finally, spray with hairspray!
We love Jessica Chastain's cute hairstyle! How about you? Sound off in the comments and check out other celeb hairstyles!
More celebrity hairstyles
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Anne Hathaway
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Bella Thorne
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Jana Kramer
Photo credits: Michael Carpenter/WENN.com, Ivan Nikolov/WENN.com