This Halloween, your nails can be as killer as your costume. And with these easy-to-do ideas from Illamasqua, you can have an eerily chic manicure in no time. Not a nail polish pro? Don't fret. All three of these designs can be mastered in a few steps that are simpler than you think!
What you need:
Polish colors: black (Illamasqua's Scorn or Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out), white (Illamasqua's Scorch or OPI's My Boyfriend Scales Walls) and light blue (Illamasqua's Serenity or Maybelline Express Finish in Timely Turquoise)
Tools: dotting tool, toothpick
- Apply base coat, then paint nails with one or two coats of black polish of your choice. Allow nails to dry for three minutes.
- Pour a little bit of white polish on a piece of cardboard or tin foil. Dip large end of the dotting tool into the polish and then onto the nail three times. Repeat for each nail.
- Pour out a small amount of light blue polish. Use the small end of the dotting tool to add blue dots in the middle of each white circle. Let nails dry for three minutes.
- Using a toothpick, add a tiny dot of black nail polish to the center of each blue dot.
- Finish off your eye-raising manicure with a top coat.
What you need:
Polish colors: red (Illamasqua Aorta or Essie's Too Too Hot), black (Illamasqua's Boosh or China Glaze's Liquid Leather), white nail pen (Illamasqua's Precision Ink in Scribe or Sally Hansen's Nail Art Pen in Black)
Tools: small brush
- Apply base coat. Paint nails with one or two coats of red polish of your choice. Allow nails to dry for three minutes.
- Dip the small brush into black polish and use it to paint a tiny triangle at the tip of your nail.
- Create the opening of the vampire's mouth by painting a black oval in the center of the nail. Allow it to dry for four minutes.
- Add fangs with white nail pen.
- Seal the kiss with a shiny top coat.
What you need:
Polish colors: shimmery dark blue (Illamasqua's Phallic or OPI's Into the Night) , gray (Illamasqua's DWS or Essie's Cocktail Bling), white (Illamasqua's Scorch or OPI's My Boyfriend Scales Walls), light yellow (Illamasqua's Blow or Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Mellow Yellow)
Tools: small brush, makeup sponge
- Apply base coat. Paint nails with one coat of dark blue polish. Allow nails to dry completely for three minutes.
- Use small brush to paint a crescent moon with light yellow polish. Add random stars by dotting the tip of the brush onto the nail. Allow it to dry for three minutes.
- Pour out a small amount of white and gray polishes right next to each other so they're touching. Using the corner of a makeup sponge, dip it into the puddle and then dab it onto the nail to make clouds.
- Allow design to dry for three minutes before bewitching the design with a top coat.
More manicure ideas
Nail art tutorial
4 Ways to sparkle up your nails
Go funky fab with these nail trends