We have a total crush on Kristin Chenoweth's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
I sought out the help of Kristin's stylist, Jonathan Hanousek, to find out how we can steal her darling style at home. Here we go!
Get the look!
- To create Kristin Chenoweth's flirty retro ponytail, I applied Kerastase Mousse Volumactive to her roots for volume and Kerastase Elixir Ultime Rose Millenaire through the midshaft and ends to add shine and softness. Both are great on fine hair without weighing it down.
- Next, I blew dry the hair with a medium round brush, directing heat over the crown to add lift and volume.
- Next, separate out a triangle section of the bangs. Backcomb the rest of the hair through the crown and back of the head.
- Use a Mason Pearson brush to smooth the surface, but be careful not to remove too much of the backcombing.
- Collect the hair into a ponytail. It can be in the center or off to the side.
- I like to use a Bungee Band for these ponies because they don't destroy the shape as you lock it in. Just make sure to hook it over the band when you fasten it.
- Take a small piece of the ponytail and wrap it around the band and secure with a couple of bobby pins.
- Use a tail comb to lift the crown and refine the shape.
- Part the bangs down the center and polish them with your brush. They should be drawn down and back towards the pony. Hold them in place with a few shots of hairspray. I like Fekkai Sheer Hold because it's dry and not sticky.
- For added bounce, use a large curling iron and curl the ends of the ponytail.
- Finish everything with a few more shots of hairspray.
More celebrity hairstyles
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Amy Adams
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Jana Kramer
Celeb Hairstyle of the Week: Pippa Middleton
Photo credits: RHS/WENN.com