With back to school season upon us, it's important to look good, feel good and smell good. But to do good as well? That's a bonus. Secret's new deodorant gives you a chance to help stop girl to girl bullying and smell pretty fresh. Read our review to find out why.
It's always fun to go back to school with a new outfit, a new set of friends and to smell pretty fresh. Secret's new deodorant/antiperspirant, Fearlessly Fresh, has a crisp new scent and a new look. The brand's new Mean Stinks campaign is also a clever way to help you smell good and do good.
The Clinical Strength deodorant has a new look: The original blue and white box now comes with a cool graffiti-inspired Mean Stinks icon in pink and white and words like "Strong" and "Bright" to inspire you to be "Fearlessly Fresh." For $10 a pop, this is a good deodorant to purchase for several reasons:
- The campaign itself is a great idea. The U.S. Department of Justice's latest statistics indicate that 30 percent of female students from 6-12th grades were bullied at school or cyber bullied (2009-2010).
- The brand will donate $1 from the purchase of every Mean Stinks Clinical Strength deodorant to "Girls on the Run," a nonprofit fostering girl empowerment and to prevent mean behavior before it even starts.
- The scent, Fearlessly Fresh, is fun and clean -- totally safe for back to school. Plus, it's a scent that lasts for a long time without requiring much reapplication. The prescription strength deodorant provides wetness protection and you do feel fresher after using it.
- The white solid wears well (take care not to stain your clothes) and has enough stamina and staying power for back to school sessions.
Of course, Secret has several other deodorant formulations to meet your needs including:
- Outlast Clear Gel: This gel leaves no white marks so your LBD is safe from stains.
- Clinical Strength Waterproof: This version of deodorant survives humidity, water and heat.
- Outlast + Olay: Guess what? More moisture and less irritation.
- Clinical Strength Sport: This version is for the athlete who keeps going and going like the Energizer Bunny and needs a deodorant to keep up.
- Scent Expressions: Fragranced deodorant to find your scent personality.
For $10, this is a deodorant I can stand behind because of its formulation, first of all. The white solid is a personal favorite and I prefer it to the gel during cooler months (the gel is most definitely a summer thing). But the Mean Stinks campaign makes it even more attractive to purchase. So, why not get with the program?
More beauty reads
An organic deodorant: Nourish Body debuts at Whole Foods
8 Quick fixes for beauty and hair emergencies
How to remove deodorant stain marks from clothes