Fall is finally here, and even though a lot of us aren't exactly jazzed at the thought that winter is right around the corner, this in between season is always a fun one. The best part? With a new season comes an awesome excuse to revamp your beauty closet. Here are my picks for what you'll need to get you through the fall!
With every season, your hair goes through different changes. It's like the cycle of life, ladies, only without hot flashes. This fall, treat your hair well with these goodies!
- Some powerful tools: Now that the summer humidity is gone, we can have a bit more fun with styling our hair! Make life easier and save time with Remington's 1" Wet 2 Straight Flat Iron ($25), which blow dries and straightens in one quick step. Or, amp up your daily blow dry with Solano's 3300 XtraLite Dryer ($159).
- Recovery products: The summer sun can wreak havoc on our strands, so fall's the time to recover your limp locks. Target the problem with Herbal Essences' new Honey, I’m Strong Collection. The shampoo, conditioner and rinse out treatment target damaged areas of hair to repair the protective outer layer. Or, prevent extra damage in the first place with Ojon's new Super Sleek Restorative Blowout Perfector ($25).
- The must have accessory: Hair accessories are one of the "it" trends of the season, so don't miss out! One of our faves? The simple but chic Goody DoubleWear Chain Link, $5 SRP, Target stores, available October 2012.
Now that the weather doesn't make your face feel like it's going to fall off, it's time to have some fun with makeup! These gems will help you do just that.
Just because you're not sporting short shorts and miniskirts this fall doesn't mean you shouldn't take care of your skin. Treat it to a little TLC this fall with these babies!
- Hair removal: Hate fuzzy legs? Yep, we all do. Just because shorts weather has passed doesn't give you a free pass for hair removal, dolls. This fall, reach for Parissa's Wax Strips ($12) and shave some time off your morning routine.
- Summer tan in a bottle: The temps may be cooling down but your tan can still stay hot with Australian Gold's Self Tanning Lotion ($10).
- Moisturize that skin! Looking for the perfect in between weather moisturizer? Try two gems I'm currently crushing on: Eos Revitalizing Care Hand & Body Lotion ($7) and JĀSÖN Energizing Vanilla Hand & Body Lotion ($9).
- Prevent bacne: If you're an avid fitness freak, you'll want to make sure you prevent bacne this fall. A lot of women think that since it's cool outside, they won't sweat as much, but that's not true! Try one of my faves, La Fresh's Eco-Beauty Instant Body Soother Wipes ($10).
- Relaxation in a bottle: Fall can be a pretty hectic season, so whenever you can get a moment to relax, I say go for it. Need some help? Settle down for a bath with philosophy's Living Grace Shampoo, Bath & Shower Gel ($22).
- Fall fragrance: Need a mood boost when the weather gets colder? Reach for Taylor Swift's new fragrance, Wonderstruck Enchanted ($60). Trust me, I'm not a fragrance girl and I even like this one!
- Hot new hues! It's time to update your nail collection, dolls. Ditch summer's neons and grab some of these gorgeous fall hues from OPI's new Germany Collection!
More fall beauty
Get the makeup look: Topshop Unique's London Fashion Week show
Get the look: Emily VanCamp's Emmy Awards makeup
Get the look: Heidi Klum's Emmy Awards hair