You put a lot of thought into coordinating your makeup with your outfit. Don’t ruin the whole thing by holding a drink that clashes with your color scheme!
Watermelon is always a refreshing treat. Add it to your martini for a party drink that really does the trick.
To match perfectly with your watermelon martini, we recommend glossing your lips with Maybelline SHINEsensational lip gloss in Watermelon Punch
. Gloss is great for summer lips, especially when you’ve got a pretty summer glow going on. Keep the rest of your makeup light and natural. You won't need much to pull off this look.
- 6 ounces watermelon juice
- 1-1/4 ounce vodka
- 1 cup triple sec
- Juice from two limes
- Watermelon chunks for garnish (optional)
- To make the watermelon juice, remove the seeds and rinds from the watermelon and puree it in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Pour the watermelon juice, vodka, triple sec and lime juice into a shaker and fill it the rest of the way with ice.
- Shake it vigorously eight to 10 times, and then strain and pour the mixture.
- Garnish with watermelon pieces. Makes two drinks.
Serve those drinks with straws to keep those gorgeous lips intact!
Pina colada smoothie
You can always count on a tropical pina colada to cool you down on a hot summer day. Try it as a smoothie for a cool and icy drink that’ll really knock your socks off! This is the family-friendly version, but if you’re looking for a more adult-friendly drink, add a shot (or two!) of rum.
You’re going to need a look that’s just as cool as this pina colada, so we recommend Ulta eyeshadow in Iceland
. It’s super silky so it glides on smoothly and evenly, and leaves just enough shimmer for the perfect summer look.
There are lots of ways to wear white eyeshadow. For the most flattering summer look, use your finger to apply a tiny bit on the inner corner of your eyelid and along your lower lash line. It's just a little bit of color, but it's enough to make you glow and your eyes really pop.
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chunked
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- Pineapple chunks for garnish (optional)
- Put the pineapple chunks, coconut milk, banana, honey and ice in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with pineapple chunks, if desired.
More summer fun from SheKnows
Throw a sizzling summer pool party
4 Glosses for juicy lips
From glowing to glam