(page 3 of 5)
We reached out to four fabulous nail art bloggers for some of their best looks, along with some tips and tricks to recreate their designs at home.
Little Nails: Mermaid Nails
Just try not to swoon when you get a look at this girly but oh-so-chic mani featuring mermaid detailing we can’t resist.
- OPI - Ate Berries In The Canaries
- OPI - Planks A Lot
- China Glaze - Light As Air
- China Glaze - Heli-Yum
- China Glaze - Barry M Gold
- Start with your base coat.
- Then, starting from the tip of your nail, make a row of dots using different colors.
- After each dot, wipe the dotter (nail brush) on a cotton ball soaked with nail polish remover so the colors don't get all mixed up. Using several different colors makes it easier to keep them all separated.
- After the first row, continue adding different colored dots down the nail, overlapping them like the scales of a fish.
- At the end, use the same color as the base coat to form a starting-off point for the scales.
- Finish it all off with a top coat for sheen.
Tips & tricks
- If you can use a dotting tool and have a bit of time, this look is doable. The key is patience and precision, but remember to have fun.
- You can choose different colors. Check out another way to get the look here.
Up next: Aztec Nails >>