We reached out to four fabulous nail art bloggers for some of their best looks, along with some tips and tricks to recreate their designs at home.
Katt Claws: Galaxy Nails
We love the starry, glittery quality of these playful, eye-catching nails and we can't wait to try them out for ourselves.
- Seche Vite - Top Coat
- Essie - Midnight Cami
- Milani - White On The Spot
- China Glaze - Turned Up Turquoise
- China Glaze - Purple Panic
- CND Effects - Silver Sparkling
- Paint your nails with your base color (Essie - Midnight Cami). Dark colors are always preferable, like black or dark purple.
- Sponge some white in random areas around each nail, starting in the corners and working toward the middle.
- Sponge China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise partially over the white. Leave a bit of white showing for the next step.
- Over the white that's left, sponge on China Glaze Purple Panic. Overlap slightly with the turquoise for better blending.
- Next, add CND Effects Silver Sparkling over any base color still showing.
- Use a dotting tool to achieve the little white dots.
- Finish with Seche Vite top coat and you're done.
Tips & tricks
- Wait in between each step for the polish to dry. If you try sponging too soon, you might lift up your previous color and ruin the whole manicure.
- When sponging each of your colors, try not to blend them too much. It can turn a murky, unwanted color. The less blending, the better. Your top coat will tie it all together.
- Don't be afraid to use different colors -- it's your galaxy!
Up next: Floral nails >>