Raquel Watters, stylist at Miami’s Rik Rak Salon, shows us how to get Scarlett’s hair.
- Wash your hair the night before because the natural oils will allow you to manage your hair with ease when creating your updo.
- Set your hair in either hot rollers or use a curling iron to create curls. After removing the rollers, spray the hair lightly with a mild hairspray.
- With a boar bristle brush, brush through the curls gently. Begin by parting the hair as though you are wearing an imaginary head band, taking the back part of the hair that is down and twisting it, pin it securely against the lower back part of the head in a vertical position, like a French twist.
- For the front and top of the head, use your fingers and create two cylinders, place them according to the parting that suits you best. Make sure to use hair pins that match your hair color, and securely place them where they are not visible.
- Spray the hair with a (strong hold) hairspray and enjoy your new glamorous look!
Looking to capture Scarlet's glowing eyes? Celeb makeup artist Amy Hollier from Los Angeles' Serge Normant at John Frieda Salon shares her tips to get the look.
- Start with a shimmery blue cream eye shadow base for a brighter pigment and staying power. Apply with your ring finger on the lids, just past the crease of your eye. Then dust a shimmery blue shadow right on top to set it in place. NARS Duo Shadow in South Pacific has a perfect blend of aquamarine and denim hues.
- Trace a metallic green pencil under lower lashes and into the inner corners of your eyes, like Christian Dior's Eyeliner Pencil in Precious Green.
- Line along your upper lash line and all around the inner rims of your eyes with black liner.
- Curl your lashes, apply black mascara and finish with a strip of false lashes to complement the intensity of the bold blue and green.
The easiest way to master the ‘50s trend is to invest in a little black dress with an A-line skirt. You will instantly appear ladylike, plus the shape will make you seem slimmer! Add a classic neutral-colored pump, pearl earrings and a statement patent leather clutch and you will be ready for any event — whether it’s a wedding or an office party with your husband.
Topshop Cap Sleeve Flippy Tunic $40, Michael Antonio Jennings Pumps $50,
Z Zpoke Zac Posen Evening Envelope Clutch $250, Lauren by Ralph Lauren Faux Pear Stud Earrings $20
More Steal the look
Steal the look: Taylor Swift
Steal the look: Miley Cyrus
Steal the look: Katie Holmes
Photo credit: Mr. Blue/WENN.com, WENN