BrandiGlanville
Brandi's fashion corner

Date in style!

Brandi Glanville, reality star, model and single mom of two active boys, is dishing her top tips for everything from beauty and fashion to fitness and nutrition in her new column for SheKnows! Up today? Tips on how to rock date night in style!

Red dressWhen in doubt, rock a dress!

As a single mother, my two beautiful little boys, Mason and Jake, are definitely my priority. However, I do find time to date when they go to spend time with their dad. When getting ready for a date night (mommy-style), I usually look for a dress because I am, like many people, not super skilled or confident about putting two pieces of clothing together. Some of my favorite dress designers are DVF, Black-Halo and Halston.

Work what you've got, girl

I believe it's very important to feel confident and sexy when getting ready for a date night. For me, I accentuate the part of my body that I am most comfortable with -- my legs. So whether it’s your décolletage, the small of your back or your legs, don't be afraid to show a little skin.

Make a colorful statement

I usually recommend to my girlfriends that they can never go wrong with an LBD (little black dress), but for me I choose color! Even while living in NYC for five years, where the color black is the city's uniform, I was known as little miss “rainbow bright” bringing a bit of California to Manhattan.

Accessorize, accessorize

After I pick a brightly colored dress that shows off my legs, I put all of my effort into my accessories -- shoes, purse and jewelry. I am a long, costume-earring-wearing gal and I have a million pairs of them. I like to joke that if during my marriage I had actually liked diamonds instead of the dangly costume earrings that I love, I could have made a fortune hawking them after 13 years together! If I wear a necklace, I usually skip the earrings, but I will do a bracelet with earrings or a necklace.

HeelsHeels are a girl's best friend

As far as heels go, the higher the better. I am a tall girl and it’s not often that I find a man as tall as I am in heels, but as long as he is confident with his manhood, height shouldn't be an issue.

Just remember that it is important to take a little time for yourself and know that just because you are a mom or divorced or over a certain age, it doesn't mean that you should give up on dating. Get back out there and put your best foot forward (hopefully in a sky high stiletto), sex it up and most importantly be confident. Guys love confident women who are independent and strong. We've got this ladies!!!

Watch: What's your style DNA?

Today on The Daily Dish, Fawn Cheng gives tips for finding out your own style DNA.

More mommy fashion

Coral: Mom & daughter paired outfits
From power-meeting to play-date: Double-duty fashion for moms
6 Fashion trends moms should try now

Comments

Comments on "Brandi Glanville's top tips for date night mommy-style"

IGottaSay May 22, 2012 | 1:00 PM

I can't wait for Brandi to talk about bikinis!

Nichole May 14, 2012 | 5:04 PM

GOD SHE NEEDS TO LEAVE HER FACE THE ---- ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! too bad she used to be pretty, now she's started to get that plastic surgery look when she didn't even need it. she's joining the ranks of Gretchen Rossi, Nicole Kidman, Meg Ryan, Michelle Pfeiffer. NONE of them needed any help at all. Even Kim Kardashian is starting to do weird things to her face. and what the ---- for???? UGH it's so sad.

Jackie May 13, 2012 | 4:59 AM

Love the column! Brandi is my favorite Real Housewife! She is so beautiful and always looks so effortlessly gorgeous. I enjoyed the tips and can't wait to read the next column. How about sharing how you keep that perfect skin and beautiful hair always looking great? Brandi rocks!

Deb May 11, 2012 | 6:21 PM

Great job B! This makes me smile :0) Thank you She Knows. B's style and beauty tips ROCK!!!

Shelly May 11, 2012 | 6:13 PM

Love you Brandi! If I had your body I would just wear a napkin all the time.

charity May 11, 2012 | 2:24 PM

Love the fact that you have this blog. know you like color but that black n white polka dot dress you wore on morning show looked GREAT on you. can't wait until your next blog.

Sandra May 11, 2012 | 9:42 AM

I love her honesty! Most people assume that she would know how to match those outfits up!

Sarah May 11, 2012 | 8:48 AM

Yes! Women can be hot at any age, it's the confidence and iness that makes a woman stand out. A real man is going to appreciate that over insecurity. I love your sky high legs and how toned you are even after 2 children! I also love how well you have coped with the divorce, sure no one is perfect, but considering the cards given to you, you are a powerful woman for kicking the cheater out and doing what is best for your boys! Rock on, hope you find a man that is good-hearted, loyal and trustworthy, and HOT!

Johanna May 11, 2012 | 4:56 AM

If Brandi said it ,it's the law! Love it!

Brinn May 11, 2012 | 3:14 AM

This is great! I love Brandi's style, she is so gorgeous and I am looking forward to reading her SheKnows column! Keep shining, Brandi! Can't wait to see you on RHOBH again, too!

manny loayza May 10, 2012 | 11:58 PM

I love brandi! she is such an amazing single mother. she sure is my favorite on rhobh!!!

Stephanie May 10, 2012 | 10:06 PM

I love Brandi's style! She can rock super glam and super casual and still look amazing! Look forward to more from her

Suz May 10, 2012 | 9:46 PM

I LOVE BRANDI! This is really cool to have Brandi join you as a guest blogger-- She is a modern woman strong woman with beauty, style, and wit. I agree with her choices. I'd love for her to blog about work out tips and what type of workout attire she likes to wear. CHEERS!!!

Amy May 10, 2012 | 9:42 PM

I love Brandi's confidence! She's real & down to earth, the kind of woman you want to be friends with. She ALWAYS looks HOT HOT HOT in pics & knows how to dress for her body type! I love her "Work what you got, girl" attitude! She's aware that not all women look the same, so she doesn't focus on skinny minnie types! LOVE HER & HER STYLE!!

Melly May 10, 2012 | 9:38 PM

I LOVE THIS!! I am a big Brandi fan in general, but I think It's great that she has a column! She's always answering our questions on Twitter when we ask for beauty tips & tricks & with this column she won't be confined to 140 characters which I find fabulous! She's such a breath of fresh air & has great style. I loved this article & can put it into use for date nights with my hubby. Great job B!

Marisa May 10, 2012 | 5:35 PM

Brandi is gorgeous.

Kelly Mahan Jaramillo May 10, 2012 | 1:42 PM

Brandi Rocks it!! I am so excited about her having a regular column - she is so generous with her beauty tips on twitter, and now she can share them with everyone. Besides her fabulous sense of style, she has a fabulous sense of humor, which makes everything so much fun to read. Brandi makes getting ready for date night fun, not anxiety-filled. Love Brandi Glanville!

Linda May 10, 2012 | 12:58 PM

Brandi is amazing. I love Brandi's Fashion Corner. I'm so happy that you are going to be writing for She Knows Beauty & Style. Great job, Brandi!