Celebrity hair stylist: Daniel Howell for Joico
Inspiration: This star of The Hunger Games wanted to go for a simple, yet chic hairstyle and makeup look to complement her dress.
Get the look:
- To help prep for this look, Howell recommends doing an intense conditioning treatment with Joico K-PAK Revitaluxe a couple of days prior to your event to keep hair in great, workable condition.
- Evenly spray Joico Smooth Cure Thermal Styling Protectant on damp hair to prevent damage from the heat of the dryer.
- Begin sectioning hair in one-inch sections. Starting at the nape, blow dry each section using a medium round brush, working your way from the nape to the front hairline, making sure that each section is completely dry.
- Direct the roots of the hair downward on the sides and back of the head, but on the top of the head, direct the hair up so it has lift.
- When hair is completely dry, put a bit of Joico K-PAK Color Therapy Restorative Styling Oil on the ends to help smooth out and dry, and add a bit of texture.
- Next, section hair on the top of the head and clip it out of the way. While you brush the hair on the sides of the head back away from the face, hold the hair at the back of the head near the nape and then twist the hair, gradually moving upwards.
- Secure hair with hair pins as you're twisting.
- Next, tuck the rest of the hair into the twist, making sure the crown is secured with pins.
- Run your fingers through the top section of hair, directing it towards the back. Tucking the ends of the hair and securing with hairpins, use only fingers to sweep the hair back to maintain the height and texture. To keep the look, spray Joico's JoiMist Firm Finish Spray.
- To finish the look, mist the hair with Joico Design Collection Humidity Blocker which prevents moisture in the air from making the hair frizzy.
Makeup artist: Georgie Eisdell
Inspiration: "Elizabeth was going to the Oscar after parties, so I wanted her to have a fun yet dramatic look for the events."
Get the look:
- Even out skin tone with Chanel Vita Lumiere foundation, and brighten under the eyes with Dior Skinflash #2.
- Add sparkle to the eyes by blending Chanel's Illusion D'Ombre shadows in Epatant, Mirifique and Fantasme to create a dramatic smoky eye.
- Shape eyebrows with Laura Mercier's soft blonde brow shadow.
- Add on a few layers of YSL Faux Cils mascara in Black to finish them off.
- To give the cheeks a natural flush and a slight glow, use Nars blush in Orgasm to give her a natural flushed cheek and a slight glow.
- Create a soft lip with Dior's Addict lipstick in 454.
The 8 best dressed ladies at the 2012 Oscars
The 8 worst dressed ladies at the 2012 Oscars
Get the look: Kristen Wiig's 2012 Oscars hair/makeup
Photo credit: Buchanan/Splash News