As a first-time Oscar nominee, Kristen Wiig really had to come dressed to impress. She sure did so in her flowy J. Mendel dress, and she finished off the look with impeccable makeup, done by celebrity makeup artist Heba Thorisdottir. To create her look, Thorisdottir used all tarte products, and we've got the scoop on how to recreate the look at home.
Inspiration: "Kristen wore a gorgeous princess dress, but it still had a bit of an edge to it, so I wanted to keep her look strong but still soft and pretty," Thorisdottir said.
- Heba started off by applying tarte's Amazonian clay 12-hour full coverage foundation with Broad Spectrum SPF 15 with tarte's new airbrush finish bamboo foundation brush.
- For dewy, sunkissed cheeks, she applied tarte's maracuja blush & glow brightening luminizer and cheek tint in sunlight along the apples of her cheeks.
- Thorisdottir finished off with a light dusting of tarte's Amazonian clay 12-hour blush in buff to give Kristen's skin the perfect luminous finish.
- To play up Kristen's blue eyes, Thorisdottir used a mixture of bronze and gold shadows. She started by covering the actress' lids with a soft wash of shimmering golden peach from tarte's neutralEYES eye shadow palette volume II.
- To add more definition, she applied tarte's Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in shimmering bronze along her lash lines and into her creases.
- Next, she layered tarte's Amazonian clay waterproof cream eyeshadow in slate in the center of her lids to reflect light.
- To finish the look, Thorisdottir lined Kristen's eyes with multiplEYE™ clinically-proven lash enhancing liquid liner, drawing outward for a mini cat-eye, and applied two coats of tarte's gifted Amazonian clay smart mascara.
- To keep Kristen's look soft, Heba filled in her lips with tarte's LipSurgence™ matte lip tint.
- She then dabbed tarte's maracuja divine shine lip gloss in Glisten in the center of her lips to add a touch of shine.
Working the red carpet and presenting an award at the Oscars requires a pretty nice hairstyle, and Kristen achieved hers with the help of Dove Celebrity Stylist Mark Townsend. To create the beachy look, Townsend used products from the new Dove Style+Care collection (available nationwide March 1).
Inspiration: "I was in love with Kristen's J. Mendel dress as soon as I saw it; I was so inspired by the silhouette and color," he said. "We wanted Kristen's hair to be full with voluminous waves and have an edgy and sexy texture."
- Townsend started by applying a large dollop of Dove Style+Care Nourishing Curls Whipped Cream Mousse and blow dried the hair with a round brush.
- He then took 3-inch sections of hair and sprayed each section with Dove Style+Care Thermal Replenishment Spray and then wrapped the hair around a 1-1/2-inch FHI Heat curling iron.
- When all of Kristen's hair had been curled, Townsend took a small amount of Dove Style+Care Frizz-Free Shine Cream-Serum in my hands and rubbed them together. He then raked the product through the hair to break up the curls and give the hair shine and definition.
- He finished her look by spraying Dove Style+Care Strength & Shine Extra Hold Hairspray all over while scrunching the hair with his fingers to ensure that the hair would stay in place all night and give the hair great sexy waves.
The Dictator hits Ryan Seacrest with Ash-Bomb
Did Jennifer Lopez suffer a nipple slip at the Oscars?
2012 Oscar winners: The complete list
Photo credit: Ian Wilson/WENN.com