Hourglass figures are the envy of most women, so if you're flaunting one yourself, consider yourself lucky, girl! Find out how to dress best for your shape with our help.
Even though you're flaunting a pretty enviable figure, it can still be a bit confusing to actually tackle shopping for your shape if you don't know how to deal with your proportions. Lucky for you, we're taking all the work out of the process for you! With the expert help of celeb stylist Salvador Camarena, we're taking one of Hollywood's hottest hourglass celebs, Sofia Vergara, and showing you how you, too, can look as great as she does.
The hourglass dilemma
You've got some dangerous curves, girl, and if you don't drape them correctly, you could come off looking larger than you really are.
The simple solution
- Showcase your waist: Your natural waist is the smallest part of your body, so work it like Sofia would, girl! "Sofia Vergara always fully embraces her curves with body conscious clothing," Camarena says.
- Colorblocking is your friend: This spring's hottest trend is also your best fashion friend, ladies. The contrasting colors in this fashion fave send eyes to your waist and help you show off your tiny middle. For a red hot take on the trend, try this Rampage dress on for size!
- Work the heels: High heels make any figure look great and help elongate your legs! Add a little sparkle to your life with these sparkly shoes from Aldo!
- Go bandage: Wearing a high-waisted bandage skirt, like this one from BGBG, will highlight your midsection and give you a slimming, sexy look.
- Suck it in: No, we're not talking about your stomach! We're talking shirts, ladies. To create a streamlined, hourglass shape, tuck in a top under a figure-flattering skirt (like the bandage one we recommend above).
How to dress for your body shape
Friday's Fashion Obsessions: Ashley Benson's flirty frock and Viola Davis' pretty pink dress
Friday's Fashion Obsessions: Naya Rivera and Cameron Diaz's flirty dresses
Photo credit: Apega/WENN