The After 5 Office Party
If you're hitting the office party circuit this New Year's season, try out this look from Nordstrom's National Beauty Director, Cheri Botiz.
- Instantly perk up your eyes with a swipe of illuminator under and around the eyes. We love Vapour Organic Beauty's Trick Stick for this step!
- Add some long-wearing eyeliner (try Jane Iredale's Mystikol Amethyst) to last you the whole night through!
- Dress up your look with a pop of color and shine on your lips. We love Aubrey Organics Natural Lips Sheer Tints!
- Apply a fun, sparkly layer of glitter polish (try Deborah Lippmann's Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?) to your natural manicure.
Girl's Night Out
If you're headed out for a night on the town with your girls for New Year's Eve, tonight is all about fun, flirty looks! We asked Jeannie Tran, founder of Happy Makeup Girl, what kind of look would fit for a fabulous GNO, and here's what she had to say!
"I decided to go with the orange theme for my makeup tutorial because it's this season's makeup trend that's all over the runways," Tran says. "Orange eye shadow is in, but not everyone is brave enough to wear a bright orange look, so I made it more wearable by adding a darker color in the crease to tone it down.
- Start with clean eyelids.
- Using a concealer brush, apply a primer all over your eyelids (try MAC's paint pot in Painterly) to make your look last.
- Apply eye shadow (try ULTA's Terra Cotta) with an eye shadow brush all over the lids.
- Apply ULTA's Elegance eye shadow underneath the brow bone and blend together with ULTA Terra Cotta.
- Apply Urban Decay Smog in the crease with a tapered crease brush.
- Blend eye shadows together with a clean blending brush.
- Apply Prestige Total Intensity eyeliner pencil in Deepest Black.
- Add Model 21 false lashes in 18N with L'Oreal Voluminous mascara.
- Voila! You're done!
The Significant Other's Family Event
If you're ringing in the New Year with your man's family, you don't want to make the wrong kind of impression. Keep it classy these beauty tips from Gail Sagel, CEO of FACES Beautiful and creator of the Brush-On Liquid Mineral Makeup.
"For a gathering of this nature, I don't suggest using a lot of makeup. Focus on natural attributes and play up one specific feature to show off," she says. "Because after all, confidence in these situations is essential."
- Use a light foundation to provide coverage and eliminate blemishes. Go with a blush color that is close to the skin's natural flush.
- Play up the eyes by choosing a color that complements both the holiday outfit and skin tone. A trendy holiday color that works with just about every skin and hair combination is purple.
- Keep the eyeliner to a minimum and apply a couple of coats of mascara to achieve the most put-together look.
- If the eyes are the feature you want to focus on, keep lips low-key by using a color similar to the lip's natural hue. Glosses are fun for the holidays, as they provide an added boost of shine.
More New Year's
Jeannie Mai fesses up on how to dress for New Year's Eve
Pop a cork on New Year's Eve, you're No. 1
Movie review: New Year's Eve