Have emergency outfits at the ready
Since we all have mornings where time is short and stress levels are high, we suggest having at least two emergency outfits (top, pants, shoes, statement accessory) ready for days you just don't have time to think about what to wear. Failing that, opt for something timeless and simple. A pencil skirt or tailored black trousers with a blouse or classic white shirt and round toe pumps can go a long way in looking pulled together. You may not have time for the wow-factor, but you will look professional, which is key.
Make use of multitasking products
Having a stash of products that do more than one thing is a must for mornings you need to get pretty, pronto. Think color that can be used on cheeks, lips and lids, products that contain adequate SPF and moisturizer with a hint of skin tone perfecting tint. To get gorgeous fast, follow these simple steps:
- Wash your face with cold water to revive your complexion and shake off that sleepy feeling.
- If you can, use redness relief eye drops to wake up your tired eyes.
- Apply your favorite tinted moisturizer with SPF (15 or more) to even skin tone and warm up your complexion. The more tired you feel, the paler your skin will look. A tinted moisturizer will help add natural-looking color.
- Use a cheek stain on the apples of your cheeks to add a healthy dose of fresh-faced color.
- Curl your lashes and swipe on two coats of volumizing mascara. Curled lashes go a long way to make you at least look awake because it really opens up the eyes.
- Apply lipstick or gloss en route to the office.
Tame your tresses
No time to shower? No problem. Use some dry shampoo to soak up any excess oil or if you can, give your hair a spritz of water, run your fingers through it and briefly blow dry to revive yesterday's style. If that won't work (or your bed head is out of control), aim for a low ponytail slicked into place with a light mist of hair spray. If yesterday's style can be revived, add some hair accessories to liven up your look without having to waste time wielding styling tools.
Never let them see you sweat
Even if your stress level is on high because of your harried morning, when you step into the office, do it with a smile. No one needs to know you slept through your alarm or had a rough morning. Rather than rush in, looking like a whirling dervish, arrive gracefully and radiating calm. You'll feel much better about your chaotic morning if it remains your little secret.
More beauty & style tips
Look younger with your hair
Chic layering ideas for winter
Pretty Little Things: Makeup must-haves for fall