What's Up With R. Patz's Hair?

Robert Pattinson showed up to Comic-Con San Diego with a pretty out-there new haircut. Has he gone crazy on us?

Robert Pattinson's weird hairstyle

Robert Pattinson arrived in San Diego late last week with his Breaking Dawn co-stars, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner, to debut a few clips from the film and talk about the upcoming film. However, all anyone could talk about was Pattinson's crazy new haircut.

Surely Edward Cullen would never approve of this.

Pattinson's style kind of looked like Batman villain Harvey Dent/Two-Face: half-shaved, half normal. Did Pattinson freak out a la Britney Spears and shave his head, only to have second thoughts?

No, no, no: It was nothing that drastic. Pattinson's new haircut is part of his look for the film he's shooting now, Cosmopolis. In the film, Pattinson's character, Eric Packer, freaks out while getting his hair buzzed and takes off with only half of it done.

Okay, so his character goes through a Britney-esque breakdown. Cool.

We've grown to love Pattinson's crazy hair throughout the years -- he's not exactly known for keeping it well-groomed while not filming.

"I just use water. No one ever believes me, but it's true," Pattinson said of his adversion to shampoo. Ewww.

Robert Pattinson's dirty hair

"I don't really see the point in washing your hair. If you don't care if your hair's clean or not then why would you wash it?" He added.

We get it, Rob: you like to smell.

Maybe it's because he's rebelling against a traumatic childhood experience?

"Up until I was 12 my sisters used to dress me up as a girl and introduce me as Claudia!" Pattinson joked in a recent interview. You know, that might have some truth to it: I used to dress my younger brother in girl clothes and put make-up on him, now he sports an ugly beard and refuses to shave. Maybe my bro and R. Patz can start a support group for traumatized little brothers?

Edward Cullen's perfect hair

But, I digress: we miss Pattinson's Edward Cullen locks. Breaking Dawn can't come fast enough.

What do you think of Robert Pattinson's crazy haircut for Cosmopolis?

More celeb hair goodness

Emma Watson's top 5 enchanting hairstyles
Would you rock rainbow hair like Lauren Conrad?
Celebrity hair trends in 2011

Comments

Comments on "Robert Pattinson debuts crazy new 'do at Comic-Con"

Love Rob in Any Hair Style July 27, 2011 | 12:02 PM

Way to use comments from an interview that's 4 YEARS OLD!! He was 21 when he said that during the Twilight junket. At the time, he never realized that any off the cuff comment he said would come back and bite him in the a** 4 years later.

Amalie July 27, 2011 | 3:49 AM

He probably got drunk and cut his hair :D He's cute anyway!!!

Massina Scene July 26, 2011 | 6:43 PM

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HIS HAIR?!?!

Massina Scene July 26, 2011 | 6:43 PM

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HIS HAIR?!?!

Jen July 26, 2011 | 1:25 PM

"No-poo", as it's called, is actually a very popular and valid way of washing one's hair. It's clean and one doesn't necessarily smell without using shampoo. For some people's hair, it's actually better and makes it much nicer looking. Many don't like all the chemicals they're putting into their hair when they use typical shampoos. It's not for everyone (including me), but I know plenty of people it is right for. I know this blog is trying to be funny, but I think you shouldn't be so close-minded and maybe do some research on the subject, any subject, before insulting it.

princess of beauty July 26, 2011 | 11:53 AM

actually i didn't like it at all,but he looks pretty,beautiful and hot.he is my favorite actor in the whole world.i love u

Tina July 26, 2011 | 10:44 AM

I've never been a fan of his, but he's looking kind of hot like this.

CalJens July 26, 2011 | 6:26 AM

I cannot take it for another minute!!! Please I beg of you Rob do something with your mangy 1/2 hairdo. It is bringing up traumatic flashbacks of a particularly bad haircut my mother gave me when I was a little girl. We get it. You're trying to downplay your looks ala Brad Pitt in 12 monkeys. No one takes you seriously because you're so beautiful. Blah blah blah. Don't care. It's getting so I can't even visit Robssessed and Thinkingofrob anymore. Enough already!

liz July 26, 2011 | 6:01 AM

bwah ha ha love it, wot a rebel, people won't like his hair so much now eh? maybe now people will concentrate on his amazing acting skills instead, love ya rob!! xx

liz July 26, 2011 | 5:57 AM

i think it's cool, it's probably just his little way of rebelling cos all any1 goes on about is his bloody hair, which has obv nothing to do with his amazing acting skills. so good on ya rob xx

Jen too July 25, 2011 | 6:33 PM

i heard he was keeping that way for a little while longer in case of reshoots. Love Rob! Hope his upcoming films do very well!

Meagan Morris July 25, 2011 | 5:38 PM

Thanks for the update on Robert Pattinson's every move, Jen.

chris July 25, 2011 | 4:53 PM

The new cut has actually grown on me. It makes him look like a devil may care rebel. It's y.

jen July 25, 2011 | 4:36 PM

LOL! I was ordered to comment on here. Ok, first of all Rob's char__ in Cosmopolis is Eric Packer not Parker, and second is he's done shooting it. He's last scene was filmed days before comic-con and attended the film's wrap party hours before he flew back to LA through a private airport and by a private plane. Obviously, he has no time to grow his hair back! As to your write-up about Rob gone the Britney path, well, we totally forgive you. Others have done worst! LOL! Rob is known to have great sarcastic sense of humour. So, don't end believing all what's coming from his mouth. The guy IS a big joker! Please, try google if you are not totally sure about what you're writing about. As you know now we are not dumb Tweens anymore..