Being a mom is a big, time-consuming job, and between cooking, cleaning and getting little ones into the bath, off to bed or out the door for school, there's barely enough time to breathe let alone look great. That's why we're always amazed when celebrity moms seem to look so good – all the time. Sure, they might have a team of stylists who help them get red carpet ready, but when it comes to everyday style, there are a few celeb moms who seem to get it right every time. Here are a few that really know how to make a style statement – even at the park.
Mrs. Tom Cruise always seems to look effortlessly chic – like what she put on didn't take that much time to pull together and that it actually feels good on while also being flattering. Whether she's sporting high-waisted, '70s-inspired denim, a printed mini dress with knee-high boots or boyfriend jeans and a slouchy tank, Holmes always looks perfectly polished without looking like she's trying too hard.
- Don't shy away from pairing look-at-me heels with something casual (like the aforementioned boyfriend jeans).
- Stock up on brightly-hued basics (tank tops, T-shirts, etc.).
- Mix classic pieces with things that are more trendy and unexpected.
- Learn to layer and embrace contrasting lengths (long shirt with a cropped jacket).
Photo credit: JDH/JCP/WENN.com
This ravishing rocker mom never seems to miss the mark when it comes to looking great on the go or while toting her two super-cute sons around. The L.A.M.B designer, solo chanteuse and sometimes No Doubt frontwoman knows how to put an outfit together that's not only chic but bursting with personal style as well. Even when she's at the park with her brood, she looks like she could easily go from the swing set straight to a business meeting without missing a beat.
- Work the bold, red lip.
- Opt for matte skin and long lashes (hello, eyelash curler and mascara).
- Think structured pieces with some edge.
- Aim to look polished even while at the playground.
- Wear something that really makes a statement and shows off your personality.
Photo credit: WENN.com
Another multitasking mama, Richie has the breezy bohemian look nailed and it works well for her. Maxi dresses, flowy skirts, high-waisted denim and strappy flats all make regular appearances in her wardrobe and with good reason. Not only does she have an eye for design (we love her House of Harlow looks), but she knows how to strike a great balance between comfort and style – a very important factor when you're a mom.
- Stock up on maxi dresses and loose, flowing pieces.
- Always have a statement bag.
- Accessorize with boho-chic bangles and chunky jewelry.
- Wear distressed denim that's well-made and fits your body.
- Don't be afraid to mix and match prints and patterns.
Photo credit: The Media Circuit/ WENN.com
Actress, cookbook author, jetsetter – we're not sure how she has time to look good and raise two kids, but she always looks pulled together and elegant. When she's not waltzing down a red carpet wearing a cutting edge design, Paltrow manages to keep things simple but sophisticated. She doesn't go over the top but always throws in an eye-catching piece to spice up a more neutral look. We love her understated glamour and ability to stand out while not going overboard.
- Think classic and timeless when you're shopping.
- Don't think about following trends and just wear what fits well.
- Buy staples that are of high quality – the difference really shows.
- Go fresh faced if you can with a touch of gloss, a swipe of mascara and a dusting of translucent powder.
Photo credit: WENN.com
More mommy style
Nia Vardalos shares her beauty secrets
6 Style secrets for busy moms
Moms in the morning: Get ready in no time flat