Williams' Fashion Forward Collection
Superstar and tennis champ Serena Williams is no stranger to the spotlight. She’s a World #1 rank in singles tennis and is listed as number six on the all-time greatest champions list.
Serena serves up style
Opi Glam Slam! Collection
Not only has Serena Wiliams won two Olympic gold medals in women's doubles and 27 Grand Slam titles to date, she is the most recent player to have held all four Grand Slam singles titles simultaneously and only the fifth woman in history to do so. On top of that – she's also quite the fashionista.
Serena Williams recently announced the addition of four new slamming shades to her line of nail polish, Glam Slam!
The shades will launch in conjuntion with the major tournaments around the world, including the French Open. So naturally the polish will have a decidely Parisain theme: Lacquer set Spark de Triomphe. When you pair it with White Shatter (applied over completely dried Nail Lacquer), the Shatter begins to crackle, leaving behind a two-texture pattern on each nail.
Um, that's awesome.
Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, OPI Executive VP & Artistic Director, said: "We are very excited to continue working with tennis superstar Serena Williams to launch the next Glam Slam! shades."
Look for more shades in June 2011 for Wimbledon and August 2011 for the US Open.
Expert nail care tips
Bring it Home Beauty offers professional hair and nail care advice right at home via their DVD set, $18. We caught up with their nail care team who shared these helpful mani and pedi tips:
1. Don't cut your toenails in a round shape, or cut them way down on the sides. Doing this could possibly result in ingrown toe nails.
2. If your cuticle is not pushed off the nail bed before you polish, then you're finished polish will not have that "professional" look, nor will your polish last as long.
3. When nipping your cuticle, only nip off the cuticle you have pushed back, that is lifted off of the nail bed. Never nip off live cuticles.
4. If you have a large amount of callus buildup, you probably won't get it all off on your first pedicure. By giving yourself a pedicure on a regular bases, you will see a big improvement in your feet in no time.
5. Keep a foot file in your shower and file your feet during your shower. By doing this you will stay on top of callus buildup!
For more sport stars fashions