For Skin & Hair
The oil from avocado is used in many store-bought hair and skin care treatments. You can also make a number of fantastic beauty concoctions at home using avocado and other ingredients from your kitchen. You'll love these three nourishing avocado beauty recipes.
Avocado hair treatment
- 1 avocado
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1 Tbsp of plain yogurt
- Mash one avocado with remaining ingredients in a bowl.
- Apply mixture to scalp and then from roots to ends.
- Cover hair with plastic cap or plastic wrap.
- Allow treatment to sink in for 30 minutes.
- Rinse completely and shampoo hair as usual.
Avocado body butter
- Remove the avocado pit and skin, then mash avocado up in a small bowl.
- Slather the mixture all over your body, paying attention to rough spots like knees, elbows and heels.
- Leave on from 20 minutes then rinse with cool water.
Avocado facial cleanser
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 avocado
- Beat egg yolk until its frothy. Add milk and avocado to the mixture.
- Blend until the concoction is a lotion-like consistency.
- Use mixture to replace your normal facial cleanser.
- Store leftover mixture in refrigerator for up to three days.
More homemade beauty treatments
Homemade beauty treatments for your hair
Homemade beauty treatments with olive oil
Homemade beauty treatments for your skin