Kick off spring with a bang: Try out some of spring's newest eye shadow trends. Here, we break them down step by step to make stunning springtime eyes a breeze.
Creating the smoky-eye look for spring is super simple. Just remember: This season replaces black and charcoal shades with violet and navy blue.
For violet smoky eyes:
- Apply a matte cream-colored eye shadow across your entire eyelid.
- Next, use a dark violet shadow along the lash line and blend into the crease of your eyelid.
- Then, use a very light pink eye shadow just above where the violet shadow ends, and use fingers to blend up toward your brow.
- Use violet eyeliner to line the insides of your eyelid, and then draw a thicker line across your lash line (with the same eyeliner). Use a small brush to blend it in.
- To finish this look, try Covergirl Lashblast Volume Blasting Mascara; full lashes are a great way to make eyes look big and sultry.
This spring, it's go big or go home when it comes to color, and we are seeing some truly bright hues of pink. Just remember to be modest when applying the shadow: Let the color speak for itself.
- Cover eyelid with a light pink eye shadow (all the way under your brow).
- Use a vibrant pink shadow along your lid and blend up into the crease (remember to work away from the corner of your eye).
- Then use a darker shade of pink (borderline plum shade) and work it into your crease; start halfway and sweep it toward the outside of your eye.
- Next, use a soft black eyeliner to line the inside and outside of your eyes.
- For a flawless look, finish with black lengthening mascara. One of the best out there is Dior DiorShow Mascara at Sephora for $24.
Amber and gold are perfect for giving your eyes a warm glow that's perfectly suited for this spring:
- Use a gold or amber shade on your lower lid and blend slightly above your crease. The best way to do this is to start from the corner of your eye and work up and out toward the outside corner of your eyebrow.
- Then, work a dark chestnut color into your crease and blend up and out (similar to above). This time, start mid-crease.
- Next, brush just a light dusting of a warm, taupe color across the upper lid. Maybelline's Silken Taupe Eye Shadow is perfect for this look.
- To finish, line with black eyeliner and your favorite lengthening mascara.
Coral shades from head to toe are in this spring, but for the eyes, try something a bit more subtle. This will create a look perfect for any spring day.
- Start by lightly brushing coral eye shadow from the corner of your eye into your crease. Then, use a light champagne color where you left off and work it up towards your brow.
- Fill your crease with a vivid color of coral. Try Smashbox Eye Shadow in "Flamingo."
- To finish this look, use your favorite black eyeliner and mascara.
Eyes that shimmer
If you want eyes that shine this spring, go for silver and iridescent white shades. This soft yet sophisticated look is so simple to create!
- Brush your entire eyelid with a matte nude eye shadow, all the way up to the bottom of your eyebrow. This will help hold the color in the next step.)
- Next, apply an iridescent white eye shadow, covering your entire eyelid. MAC White Frost Eye Shadow is perfect for this look.
- Apply navy eyeliner on the inside of your eyelids as well as along your lashes. Try to keep it neat; liquid eyeliner is great for your lash line because it creates a smooth look (just remember to apply in one quick line).
- Fill in your eyebrows with a brow pencil to keep them from looking washed out.
- Lastly, use a black lengthening mascara to give your eyes that extra oomph.