Rejuvenate Your Skin For Spring

When the seasons change, your skin care regimen should change too. As we head into the warmer weather, adjust your skin care products and cosmetics to keep your skin looking and feeling beautiful.
Spring time makeup and skin care

Lighten up

The heavy moisturizing cream that you used in the winter months may be a little too heavy for spring. Switch to a lighter, oil-free formula instead, but still pay close attention to the skin around your eyes and mouth. Don't forget to apply sunscreen every time you leave the house.

Makeup colors should lighten up too. Put aside your dark lipstick, blush and eye shadow and go for a little more natural look this season. Replace the plum and wine colors with more pinks. For daytime use a lip gloss, rather than a lipstick, and switch from black mascara to brown. Instead of a liquid foundation, switch over to tinted moisturizer or mineral powder instead.

Exfoliate your body

As you toss your boots and sweaters to the back of your closet, you probably realize that you will be exposing a lot more skin soon. Shorts weather is almost here and bikini time is right around the corner. Skin care isn't just about your face. Body care is important too. Exfoliate from head to toe to slough away dead skin cells and rejuvenate your dull complexion. Follow these tips on how to exfoliate and get a smooth, glowing complexion.

Pedicure

Pamper your feet

Your tootsies have been hiding all winter long but it's time to break out the sandals. If you can't afford a trip to the salon, you can do your own pedicure at home. Add 3 cups of milk and one cup of honey to a large basin and soak your feet for 20 minutes, massaging the liquid into your skin. Use a pumice stone to remove extra rough patches. Rinse your feet with warm water and pat dry. If you have dry, cracked heels, slather petroleum jelly on your feet before bedtime and sleep in a pair of clean, white cotton socks.

Drink more water

It's no secret that water is great for your body and your skin. It's very important to stay hydrated in warm weather. Carry a bottle of water wherever you go, not just to the gym. Make it a habit to drink 8 glasses of water each day. Snack on berries instead of chips, cookies and other munchies. Berries are rich in antioxidants, which help fight free radicals and encourage collagen renewal.

Read more on beauty and skincare! 100s more of our best beauty, makeup and skincare tips>>

Spring beauty & fashion

Makeup tips by Color

Find out what shades of makeup look best on you with these fresh makeup tips specific to your eye or hair color.

What color are your eyes?

What color is your hair?

Tags: spring skincare

Comments

Comments on "Spring skin care and makeup tips"

?eauty-?ealth-Wellness June 29, 2012 | 12:08 PM

Very interesting article and useful information!

glamarama21 May 27, 2009 | 3:05 PM

These are some great tips! I actually get milia around my eye area because my skin is so dry, I have to use a super heavy moisturizer. I actually stopped into Ulta recently and they have a great skin bar lesson going on... It's called "Say no to the Crow" and is all about exfoliating, moisturizing and protecting your eye area to avoid lines, wrinkles and puffiness. This was great for me, as the product helped to get rid of those pesky white bumps. I have also noticed the skin around my eys not only feels smoother and tighter, but looks brighter. The skin therapist did a great job explaining the Dermalogica products she was using on me and how to maintain the results at home and by getting facials.... she even gave me 25% off for my first facial :) You should check this out!!!! It's totally free, no appointment necessary and it only takes 10 minutes. What a refresher on a hot summer day :)

mina May 10, 2009 | 1:16 AM

Nicole April 15, 2009 | 8:48 AM

Good Afternoon everyone, I saw the pamper tips - perfect for getting ready before a wedding. Since my best friend is getting married in July I wanted to add a quick comment. she is becoming more and more worried about the growing cost. I think it is all the little things that add up really, but then again it is such a special day, that she wants the very best, and she deserves it. I wanted to share a tip with you all. She is having a hen weekend which will include a spa day, a day at a theme park, and a rather drunken night out! Instead of sending all her hens paper invites (which would have cost a fortune) she is opting for e-Card invites. I was a bit baffled by her idea, but then she explained to me that they are better for the environment as no paper is required, and as long as you choose a free site, then the service won’t cost a penny! She told me that she had found a Free Invitation e-Card site. I checked it out and it looks really cool, lots of funny cards. There are loads of e-Card sites out there, so it may be worth doing your own research and finding one that suites you best. Hope this helps, and good luck everyone on your forthcoming weddings. Love and Hugs, Nicole

harry April 09, 2009 | 10:51 AM

devan newman April 07, 2009 | 1:42 PM

Have you heard about the latest Canadian dermatologist to create his own skincare line? I don't normally ever write on these blogs but if you suffer from dry or dehydrated skin this new line built on the "hydration concept" is a FIVE STAR PRODUCT LINE!! Seriously, its filled with potent anti-oxidants that have changed the way my skin looks and feels and other makeup artists across North America are raving about it since he works on sets to assist top artists when needed! You can order it on-line at www.riversol or thru select spa's and medical clinics. Good luck! Devan, Vancouver.

Cathy April 06, 2009 | 8:58 PM

You should look into Bryce Organics. They have amazing exfoliators made from real fruit and they are all organic.