Stay Warm & Look Chic
Though you need to bundle up in the cold weather, it doesn't mean that you can't look stylish too. Here are seven of the top fashion trends this winter.
1. Cashmere sweater dress
Cashmere is everywhere this season in scarves, wraps, cardigans and the sweater dress. You can wear a sweater dress to the office with a pair of pumps and simple jewelry, or jazz it up on the weekend with tights and boots. A basic black or grey sweater dress can be your go-to piece in your winter wardrobe.
2. Knit hatsFrom wool beanies to chunky newsboy caps, knit hats are one of the top trends of the season. Grey and chocolate brown are great neutrals this year, but don't be afraid to make a statement with a colorful hat instead. Red, purple and blue are top choices in hats this winter.
3. Colorful pea coatsMany women own a black or charcoal pea coat, but this season it's all about color. Bright reds, deep greens and other rich colors are just perfect in wool pea coats. If you are looking for a new coat that is adorable and affordable, check out these coats under $50.
4. Knee-high bootsKnee-high boots are "in" every winter and this season is no different. Select tall boots in soft suede. If you live in a climate that gets snow and ice, try to avoid high heels or choose a wedge rather than a stiletto.
5. Hobo handbagThe hobo bag offers a slouchy silhouette and roomy design that is perfect for winter. Select a hobo in suede or supple leather in deep colors to complement your winter wardrobe. If you are petite, don't pick a handbag that is too large, it will overwhelm your body. Follow our tips for choosing the right handbag for you.
6. Tartan fabricsWhether you are talking about plaid skirts or jackets, shoes or handbags, tartan fabric is definitely a top choice. The key to wearing a pattern like this is to not overdo it. Select one tartan piece and keep the rest of your outfit neutral.
7. Bohemian chicFringed boots, long flowing skirts, gypsy-like headbands, billowy white shirts and chunky charm jewelry are all part of the Boho or folk-inspired trend. You can incorporated these pieces into your everyday wardrobe to change up your look. Add ruffled white blouse to your business suit or wear a pair of fringed boots with your favorite weekend outfit.