1. "This fall, hair color should be rich, sophisticated, and luscious - using a subtle blend of warm and cool tones layered throughout the hair. This technique should be applied by sectioning the top of the head from the bottom. Using a more aggressive weft like layering pattern to apply below the round of the head, and a more natural approach above the round of the head. The colors although somewhat unnatural (meaning the use of warm and cool tones), should be very close to the same level of light or dark. If you're thinking of getting chunky highlights this fall -- DON'T!"
- Dusty Simington, celebrity hairstylist and 2007 Master Stylist of the Year. Dusty's clients include Tiffani Thiessen, Ryan Seacrest, Daisy Fuentes, Jennie Garth and more
2. "Fall is a wonderful time for curls to get a fabulous makeover with color! Chestnut brown and warm chocolate browns are always a seasonal favorite but true excitement will be seen with this season's redheads from the deep burgundy hues to carrot top reds, textured tresses all over beginning to make new statements with bolder riskier tones. Color is an excellent way to accent beautiful waves and curls and give them a new life!"
- Keneesha Hudson, curly hair expert and owner of salon/hair apothecary Urbanbella in Atlanta
3. "We'll be seeing boy short masculine crops to long tresses with bobs in between, although the bob is slightly losing ground, it's still a popular and versatile look. Bobs can be worn in lengths from the cheek bones to the clavicle. Classic, edgy, shaggy, or with bangs. Don't forget to accessorize your long hair with bangs this fall , if you already haven't, wide side swept sultry bangs or a strong mop fringe can add a sexy, youthful fresh spin to that tired old long layered look."
- Dusty Simington, celebrity hairstylist and 2007 Master Stylist of the Year.
4. "Reds, oranges, blacks and grays were heavily featured in the fall fashion collections, and we'll be seeing them in stores at summer's end. Textures will be soft to very soft. As a result, haircuts this fall will stay long and deconstructed; tones will stay blonde. This trend will likely to continue through Christmas."
- Jim Wayne of Jim Wayne Salon in Beverly Hills. His celebrity clients include Heidi Klum, Mischa Barton, Jonathan Knight, Keyshia Cole and several others.
Next pages: Fall hair trends, healthy hairstyles, best haircuts for different face shapes
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!