Expert Advice On Fall Hairstyles

When summer ends, update your hair color and hairstyle, along with your wardrobe. To find out what's hot for fall, we went straight to the experts for these fabulous tips and trends for beautiful, healthy hair.

Hair salon

Fall hair color

1. "This fall, hair color should be rich, sophisticated, and luscious - using a subtle blend of warm and cool tones layered throughout the hair. This technique should be applied by sectioning the top of the head from the bottom. Using a more aggressive weft like layering pattern to apply below the round of the head, and a more natural approach above the round of the head. The colors although somewhat unnatural (meaning the use of warm and cool tones), should be very close to the same level of light or dark. If you're thinking of getting chunky highlights this fall -- DON'T!"
- Dusty Simington, celebrity hairstylist and 2007 Master Stylist of the Year. Dusty's clients include Tiffani Thiessen, Ryan Seacrest, Daisy Fuentes, Jennie Garth and more

Redhead

2. "Fall is a wonderful time for curls to get a fabulous makeover with color! Chestnut brown and warm chocolate browns are always a seasonal favorite but true excitement will be seen with this season's redheads from the deep burgundy hues to carrot top reds, textured tresses all over beginning to make new statements with bolder riskier tones. Color is an excellent way to accent beautiful waves and curls and give them a new life!"
- Keneesha Hudson, curly hair expert and owner of salon/hair apothecary Urbanbella in Atlanta

Fall hairstyles

3. "We'll be seeing boy short masculine crops to long tresses with bobs in between, although the bob is slightly losing ground, it's still a popular and versatile look. Bobs can be worn in lengths from the cheek bones to the clavicle. Classic, edgy, shaggy, or with bangs. Don't forget to accessorize your long hair with bangs this fall , if you already haven't, wide side swept sultry bangs or a strong mop fringe can add a sexy, youthful fresh spin to that tired old long layered look."
- Dusty Simington, celebrity hairstylist and 2007 Master Stylist of the Year.

4. "Reds, oranges, blacks and grays were heavily featured in the fall fashion collections, and we'll be seeing them in stores at summer's end. Textures will be soft to very soft. As a result, haircuts this fall will stay long and deconstructed; tones will stay blonde. This trend will likely to continue through Christmas."
- Jim Wayne of Jim Wayne Salon in Beverly Hills. His celebrity clients include Heidi Klum, Mischa Barton, Jonathan Knight, Keyshia Cole and several others.

Next pages: Fall hair trends, healthy hairstyles, best haircuts for different face shapes

Continue »

Comments

Comments on "10 Expert tips for beautiful hair"

suguna November 18, 2013 | 12:00 AM

My question is that,if we apply honey for hair it will become white hair. Give some tips for growth of eyebros.

shami July 02, 2013 | 12:56 AM

i am 19yrs old for me having heavy hair fall problem. what can i do that ?

RITU mishra June 19, 2013 | 8:41 PM

i am 18 yrs old having dandruff ,hair fall, damage hair pizzz halp me hair solutions

Mahasweta mukherjee June 09, 2013 | 9:21 PM

i am 19 yes old Indian having dandruff problem now my hair become thin and lifeless i tried lot of shampoos but no result.i want to get a strong and growthful hair.plz let me know is there any home remedy or hair oil and some tips for good hair.plz haip me...........

Josiane Rene May 31, 2013 | 5:55 AM

A fungal infection in the scalp can cause your hair loss. Seek the help of a dermatologist.

nisha May 21, 2013 | 12:20 AM

i am 32 years old my hair is very weak nowadays. it getting white also . i want the right solution from ur side. wheather i can colour my hair

jacqui February 24, 2013 | 7:25 PM

hi. I see that every now and then my hair keeps falling off every time i brush it.... i really don't know why but, I use to really clean my hair daily but couldn't reason out why it keeps falling off when its clean enough. help me please have a healthy hair growth. thanks:)

chloe August 20, 2011 | 2:09 PM

hi i'm from hull and i put in hair dye but it lasted for ages it was supposed to come out in 6 weeks but its been about 12 ive tried every stripper every shampoo and i also wash my hair everyday what do i do xx

kenza benkirane January 29, 2010 | 10:46 PM

I live in newyork and i am looking for a hairdresser not too expensive to put on my hair real human hair extensions.

samiulla March 23, 2009 | 9:07 AM

I am 24 yrs old having dandruff problem from past 4 yrs i tried lot of shampoos,hair oils etc but of no use ,plz let me know is there any home remedy or hairoil ,someone said that if u trim ur hair every month not only hair fall stops but also it results in regrowing of hair is it true ,i want to know if i apply henna will it cause change in hair clour .

naina March 21, 2009 | 11:48 AM

hiI am from Pakistan.I have got a bad hair fall and i used so many tips oils medicine but it doesnt stop yet plzzz tell me some tjhing that helps to grow my hair n stop[ hair fall. thanks

rana January 10, 2009 | 6:49 PM