Beyonce's Line
House Of Dereon

From Gwen Stefani to Jennifer Lopez to Victoria Beckham, it seems everyone has a fashion line these days. Some of the celebrities just lend their name to fashion projects, while others are very involved in the development, designs and operations. Here we highlight Beyoncé Knowles' fashion line - House of Deréon.

Beyonce - Dereon

Inspired by her grandmother, Agnéz Deréon, Beyoncé Knowles and her mother Tina created the House of Deréon fashion line.

BeyonceAgnéz Deréon was a self-taught seamstress from New Orleans who created fine custom clothing and home furnishings throughout the south in earlier years. Tina Knowles took after her mother Agnéz with a passion for fashion, design and style. As Beyoncé rose to stardom, Tina created each of her outfits for every show.

When Beyoncé became a hit, Tina naturally became the designer and stylist for Destiny's Child and soon after that transitioned into her own own line - House of Deréon in 2004.

The imagination, inspiration and style of three generation of women go into the line. Both Tina and Beyoncé are a big part of the designs and direction of the company. You can find House of Deréon dresses and other garments from the line at various retail stores around the country such as Bloomingdale's, Lord & Taylor and Neiman Marcus.

Deréon junior line

They expanded the brand to include a junior line - Deréon. Beyoncé's sister Solange Knowles is the spokesmodel for this line, which includes more casualwear, jeans, hoodies, shoes, bags, hats and other apparel designed for younger consumers.

Deréon for girls

Early this year, Beyoncé and Deréon came under some criticism for the advertisements (pictured here) for their new kids line.

Some were outraged to see such young girls all dolled up in tight jeans, high heels, pimp hats and jewelry. Beyoncé was chastised in the press for allowing such an ad.

But the reality is that the shock value of the ad probably got the line the attention the line was looking for. When you give the clothes a closer look, some of them are actually very cute.

You can find the Deréon Girls Collection at Macy's stores, Dereon.com, DrJays.com and other retailers.

To find out more about Beyoncé, her career and her marriage to Jay Z, check out the SheKnows Entertainment channel for all the latest celebrity scoop

Tags: house of dereon

Comments

Comments on "House of Dereon - Fashion from Beyonce"

lisa May 03, 2011 | 1:33 PM

want to know what retail stores carry the dereon line, thanks I just lover the clothes I have shirt, and a purse currently. Love Beyonce she's my girl!!!! Number on fan, always.

Mcflurry January 11, 2010 | 10:49 AM

Her line is good for adults and teens but not really for young girls. For example look at the little girl with the red hat she has on red heels. I don't think that's appropriate for her age. She looks like she's trying to grow up to fast. She'll be labeled as something very early. Little girls should just stay in cute clothes not ones labeling them as bad girls. Really, look at that..I am being reasonable.

Phuong Nguyen December 30, 2009 | 3:06 PM

Beyonce That's You I Know You Before ( Destiny's Child ) Michelle And Kelly ( Survivor ) Album Your Mom Is Great Your Sister Solange

shakurra wells April 08, 2009 | 4:25 PM

beyonce i like your clothes.

Biannca March 07, 2009 | 5:08 PM

I LOVE THIS LINE!!!!!!!!!!!! JST ABSOLUTLEY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tashauna Tripp March 02, 2009 | 2:36 PM

Hi beyonce I am one of your biggest fans. You are a bright, beautiful, intellegent and very talented young lady. Keep doing all the great things you have been doing.. I love your clothing line. I just purchased a deron bag today and i love it.. Ive been getting so many compliments.. Thanks ........

tiffany February 07, 2009 | 10:32 AM

i luv your music and clothes .im your biggest fan i have all your cds.

kelsy January 27, 2009 | 2:33 PM

im your #1 fan please write me back

jody January 08, 2009 | 11:36 AM

I LOVE their jeans my 12yr old wears them and loves them! They fit her well and are fashionable but not ugly, worn looking and last a long time!

latoya lowe December 21, 2008 | 10:37 PM

Hey beyounce my name is latoya and I am your biggest fan I love your house of dereon clothing line and handbags.you are an inspiration to all your fans.

Lala December 04, 2008 | 10:09 AM

THE SHIRTS ARE MY FAVORITE BECAUSE THE MATERIAL IS NOT CHEAP AND THEY ARE VERY COMFORTABLE. THE DESIGN IS CUTE AND THEY ARE WORTH PAYING ALOT OF MONEY FOR THEM.TO BEYONCE GIRL KEEP DOING YOUR THING CAUSE ALOT OF US LIKE YOUR STYLE.

sexxie lady November 21, 2008 | 6:46 AM

I think that deron really sells, everyone in my hood wears them thry are very popular. Keep doing what your doing in hopefully they well sell even greater

alejandra November 14, 2008 | 7:09 PM

I agree with dee. Our young girls are continuously being bombarded with the idea that y is "hot." What has happened to allowing little girls to be innocent and young? Our society has sold to our youth for profit and has not considered the consequences. I feel that this line of childrens clothing does not help the crisis we face in raising capable young girls. Instead it adds to the problem. This is truly distastful, especially coming from someone who has so much ifluence over young girls. I think you should reflect on the message you are sending.

ANGELA November 12, 2008 | 5:36 AM

HEY BEYONCE I LIKE YOUR Deréon JEANS AND MY LILSISTER HAVE HAVE ALL OF THEM

david 91 September 09, 2008 | 6:06 AM

man forget all those haters i dont wear your clothes often but your line is off da hook

Laura Sanchez July 17, 2008 | 5:52 PM

HI AM AN 11 YEAR OLD GIRL AND I LOVE Deron so much. Everyone at my school wears ur clothes alot and my teacher even wears ur clothes it rocks. Keep doing a GREAT job.

dee June 28, 2008 | 5:00 PM

BEYONCE AND SOLONGE HAVE NEVER BEEN little GIRLS. SELLS, SELLS, SELLS. IF WE THINK THIS MENTAL PICTURE IS GOING AWAY---THAN JUST WAIT ON THE SPRING AD. WE NEED TO UPLIFT OUR LITTLE GIRLS---NOT DRESS THEM LIKE bad GIRLS. THIS AD LACKS TASTE. I AMD VERY SURPRISED AT THE DESIGNED, WHOM EVER THEY MAY BE ! yuk ! yuk!

dora June 24, 2008 | 7:31 PM

the line is hot keep doing what ur doing

sierra June 19, 2008 | 10:21 AM

house of deron Mrs.tina knowles and beyonce solange your clothing line is great. i love the pants because i wear them alot. and love your shoes i well wear your clothes when i'm old just to say i know i look good with these hot clothes.keep up the good work knowles family.

Editor of DenimBlog.com June 19, 2008 | 8:39 AM

UGG this line is AWFUL. Celebs should stick to acting/singing!