Homemade Beauty Treatments

Making homemade beauty treatments can be fun. Using ingredients that are usually found in your kitchen, you can create homemade facial cleansers and DIY masks that will leave your skin feeling healthy, fresh and clean.

Honey and oats facial scrub

For normal skin

Honey and oats facial scrub ingredients

This DIY scrub will help exfoliate and revitalize skin.

Ingredients:

• 1/2 cup rolled oats
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon whole milk
  • 1 teaspoon ground almonds
  • 1 teaspoon ground walnuts

Directions:

1. Combine all ingredients and apply mixture liberally to moistened face.
  2. Allow to dry for 10 minutes.
  3. Remove with warm washcloth.
  4. Rinse face with splash of cool water.

Peppermint lavender facial scrub

For oily skin

Peppermint lavender facial scrub

This homemade cleansing scrub will help to fight oily skin and reduce breakouts.

Ingredients:

• 1 cup rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup almonds
  • 1 teaspoon dried lavender
  • 1 teaspoon dried peppermint
  • 1 cup white cosmetic clay
  • 1/2 cup honey

Directions:

1. Grind oats, almonds and dried herbs to a powder with a blender. Mix in clay and honey.
  2. Store in sealed container in refrigerator.
  3. To use, remove 1 tablespoon of mixture from container.
  4. Mix with warm water to form a thick paste.
  5. Apply generously over face and neck, and massage well.
  6. Rinse with warm water.

Cucumber yogurt facial cleanser

For sensitive skin

Cucumber yogurt facial cleanser

This mixture will nourish skin, tighten pores and help reduce blemishes without drying the skin.

Ingredients:

• 1 small cucumber
  • 1/2 cup yogurt
  • 3 tablespoons beaten curds

Directions:

1. Puree cucumber and yogurt in an electric blender.
  2. Pour into a small bowl. Stir in beaten curds and mix well.
  3. Apply paste over entire face and massage well.
  4. Leave it on for 5 minutes and then rinse with cool water.

More homemade beauty treatments

Summer beauty with epsom salt
Get healthy hair with herbs
Homemade beauty for hair

Comments

Comments on "Rejuvenate your skin with homemade facial cleansers"

jenna May 09, 2013 | 9:39 PM

good but i have dry skin!

Emma May 02, 2012 | 9:40 AM

I appreciate how these are broken into skin types and what it will actually do at the end. Good skin care is so expensive and DIY is all the rage right now. I still feel weird applying yogurt all over my face though! This would also be good gifts for friends!

Lucky September 15, 2011 | 8:02 AM

I very much believe in honey and egg yoke just apply them on face for 10 to 15 minutes them rinse wit warm water it brightens the face

Oluwabukunmi September 22, 2010 | 9:13 AM

I love this, it is lovely!

betty myllykangas March 05, 2010 | 8:58 AM

Hello, I tryed to copy the page "Homemade skin care using seasonal fruits and vegetables from your web sight( which is great), but it would only let me copy 1: lemon 2:orange 3: avocado. How do I get the rest? Would like to have them. Thanks

Lara February 12, 2010 | 7:08 AM

curds, not curbs :P you know, like "curds and whey"? google it :)

BEN December 05, 2009 | 8:23 AM

These recipes are nice, but please remember that most of them must be kept refrigerated! Have you ever smelled rancid olive oil?

sarah October 28, 2009 | 2:18 PM

hey! i have senstive skin and i would like to know what is a "beaten curb". This seem like a great ingredient for skins that are delicate, please let me know thank you! sarah

Yiota Jordan October 17, 2009 | 6:08 AM

Hi there, I'm interested in trying out the cucumber yoghurt facial cleanser. But can you tell me what the ingredient 'curbs' is? Is there another name for it? I've not heard of this before. My skin has become really sensitive and dry recently and I seem to react to even natural products so I would love to give this recipe a go. Many thanks, Yiota