From Flat To Fab
With Makeup

We all know how much a push-up bra can do to enhance cleavage. But did you know you can give yourself a breast lift with makeup, too? Think of it as the quick and painless way to get bigger (looking) boobs.

Use makeup to make your breasts look bigger

With all the breast implants in Hollywood these days, this trick is not as widely used as it once was. However, it's still used on occasion (especially for movie premieres and award shows) to make a flat-chested woman look like she has bigger breasts.

Keira Knightley flat-chested

A Buxom Keira Knightley?

A perfect example of this breast enhancement method is actress Keira Knightley. As you can see in the picture below on the left -- though beautiful and completely feminine -- she wasn't blessed with much in the breast department. However in the three Pirates of the Caribbean movies, Keira Knightley played the buxom Elizabeth Swann, shown below at right.

"They painted my tits on me for the films, which is extraordinary because it's kind of a dying art form -- in the past, they used to have whole sections of the studios devoted to bosom make-up," Keira Knightley recently revealed. "And I loved it, completely loved it. Because it was the first time in my life I had big tits, and I didn't even need surgery."

Get bigger breasts without surgery

It's not that difficult to create cleavage with makeup. You just need some bronzer or a dark shade of powder and another lighter shade of powder to get started.

Keira Knightley's enhanced chest

Put on your bra (a push-up is great for this situation) and, if possible, get dressed. Protect the top edge of your shirt or dress by tucking in a facial tissue or even a little toilet paper.

Apply the darker color (bronzer or powder) in the area down the middle of your chest, between your breasts. Blend the color upward and outward, creating a V-shape and along the natural curve of the breast.

Take a lighter color of face powder or eye shadow, such as white or light gold, and put on the top half of your breasts. Don't use too much, and avoid powders that are too shimmery. Blend well with a makeup sponge.

Check in the mirror and see if your breasts look ample enough. If not, add more dark color in the center to build and deepen the color. However, when in doubt, go with less makeup enhancement rather than more.

You'll be surprised at how easy this is to accomplish. Next time you are going out and wearing a low-cut dress or top, you can give yourself instant cleavage! (This trick is also popular among drag queens. Hey, if it works on a guy...)

Read more clever beauty tips! 100s of our best beauty, makeup and skincare tips>>

Video: Creating cleavage with makeup

more celebrity makeup tricks!

Tags: breast size breasts

Comments

Comments on "Make your breasts look bigger! Enhance your cleavage with makeup"

Ms Cleo August 08, 2012 | 11:18 AM

I say just be happy I am flat chested and I believe that it is better for a man to like you for your personality than for your cleavage and Showing cleavage is over rated

Belletrist August 05, 2012 | 5:18 PM

Just a note, while Keira did have shading done on her chest, she also wore silicone breast molds to give her extra volume when she was in her corsets. Shading can only give a hint of cleavage, which works well if that is the look one is going for, but even in the Youtube video, you can see that there was barely any difference on the model.

Poppy March 04, 2012 | 12:28 PM

Omg! It works my boobs are huge! Vegetable oil also makes them grow!

Amanda March 28, 2011 | 10:55 PM

I just use loose powder for your face on my breasts. And that video sucked cuz he made like a really big triangle in the middle of her chest and you could tell there wa bronzer on it. I would avoid bronzer sometimes cuz some bronzers are shimmery. And i put the powder on my whole chest and make Like a mcdonalds M on the creases of my boobs. Haha, i hope this helps [:

SEXY GIRL March 26, 2011 | 8:40 PM

wow i am so much hotter

Katy Herin March 26, 2011 | 8:38 PM

omg it works

Kallie Ditsh January 09, 2011 | 11:41 PM

Damn, why didn't I think a that idea?!?!?!? Damn, bet lots a movie stars use this trick too! Ha, lol, I need ta get some money and but some make up! Damn, My boob's will look biiigg! LOFL!

Savannah December 23, 2010 | 8:14 PM

wow! this works!! i love it! thanks!(-: this makes meh feel so much bettuurrr :3 ty so muuch!

sarah goldmen September 29, 2010 | 7:52 PM

i know how u can get more clevage put socks under your boobs in the push up bra and bam youve got clevage

soph February 12, 2010 | 6:00 AM

i just did this and i looked stupid, it wont to dark, hepl what make up to buy???

joe January 22, 2009 | 2:42 PM

Speaking as a guy: I wouldn't mind all. I don't think most guys would even pick up on teh fact that it's done to enhance the breast size specifically. They would just assume it's done to generally accentuate your cleavage just as you would do with facial makeup.

mandy September 12, 2008 | 2:29 PM

Just use the my beautiful breats kit by Itcosmetics(itcosmetics)It has everything you need for bigger better breasts.

Mosquito Bite Marley July 30, 2008 | 6:56 PM

i just have to say i tried these tips out and they got me from an A cup to a bigger fuller size in just a few minutes! im so happy with the results, and i also feel more like a confident woman! thanks a lot!!

Flat-chested Farrah April 16, 2008 | 3:08 PM

This article has soo many great ideas. Even MY flat chest can now look fabulous. YAY! One question - what if guys notice that it's bronzer? Like if we make out and he's wearing a white shirt and my bronzer rubs off on him?