Whether it is a fictional character like Carrie Bradshaw dropping some truth bombs, real-life icon Coco Chanel sharing her infinite wisdom, or Simon Doonan sounding off about, well, anything, the best fashion quotes are ones that say so much with a few short words.
Behold the 101 best style quotes of all time.
1. “Fashion is what you’re offered four times a year by designers. And style is what you choose.” — Lauren Hutton
2. “I love women. I’m trying to do beautiful things with them. I’m not trying to insult them. My life is not about that.” — Calvin Klein
3. “You either know fashion or you don’t.” — Anna Wintour
4. “You can never take too much care over the choice of your shoes. Too many women think that they are unimportant, but the real proof of an elegant woman is what is on her feet.” — Christian Dior
5. “When you don’t feel to dress means that you are depressed. You need a fashion shower.” — Anna Dello Russo
6. “What I’ve done, Coco Chanel would never have done. She would have hated it.” — Karl Lagerfeld
7. “The customer is the final filter. What survives the whole process is what people wear. I’m not interested in making clothes that end up in some dusty museum.” — Marc Jacobs
8. “I think there is beauty in everything. What ‘normal’ people would perceive as ugly, I can usually see something of beauty in it.” — Alexander McQueen
9. “Shoes transform your body language and attitude. They lift you physically and emotionally.” — Christian Louboutin
10. “I like my money right where I can see it: hanging in my closet.” — Carrie Bradshaw
11. “I always feel that if you’re gonna be uncomfortable and unhappy in something, just because you think it’s in or it’s chic, I would advise you to be happy rather than well-dressed. It’s better to be happy.” — Iris Apfel
12. “Trendy is the last stage before tacky.” — Karl Lagerfeld
13. “Pure, intense emotions. It’s not about design. It’s about feelings.” — Alber Elbaz
14. “I have always believed that fashion was not only to make women more beautiful, but also to reassure them, give them confidence.” — Yves Saint Laurent
15. “I was like, ‘What’s Margiela?’ back then.” — Kim Kardashian, on a pair of Maison Margiela boots Kanye bought her back in 2008
16. “It pains me physically to see a woman victimized, rendered pathetic by fashion.” — Yves Saint Laurent
17. “Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life.” — Bill Cunningham
18. “When you hear designers complaining about the challenge of their profession, you have to say: don’t get carried away—it’s only dresses.” — Karl Lagerfeld
19. “Always dress like you’re going to see your worst enemy.” — Kimora Lee
20. “I loathe narcissism, but I approve of vanity.” — Diana Vreeland
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!