Love it or hate it, there's no stopping it. Black Friday is coming.
OK, come on, everybody. Black Friday isn't that bad. It's kinda fun, actually, if you don't take it too seriously. (That means no diving into the chaotic mountain of $2 bath towels on aisle 6. Let's keep it classy this year, hm?)
Well, the good thing about clothing sales on Black Friday is that they usually start early in the week and last through the weekend. Clothing deals just can't compete with those 90-percent-off, 70-inch flat-screen TVs, so lucky for us, fashion deals last a bit longer.
DealNews has a few predictions this year regarding Black Friday's clothes sales. These are general rules of thumb you might want to follow on Black Friday 2016:
- Jackets, sweaters and designer duds are a good buy, as are watches
- Skip high-end stores until Cyber Monday
- Shop outlet stores (like Nordstrom Rack) for extra savings
Burlington Coat Factory
At Burlington, although the selection of Black Friday items may not be huge, most of their deals include 50-percent markdowns.
Cole Haan's huge Black Friday event features 50 percent off select boots, grand styles, bags and outerwear, plus 30 percent off everything else.
Express' Black Friday sale started on Tuesday morning, and everything online and in-store is 50 percent off!
J.C. Penney is opening it's doors at 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, and it if you shop in-store you'll be lucky enough to score some Black Friday coupons. Sale items include:
- $88 watches for men and women (originally $200-$260)
- $15 St. John's Bay cardigan sweaters (originally $40)
- 25 percent off Men's Nike apparel
- 60 percent off college team fleece for the family
- 50 to 60 percent off women's boots
On Groupon, you can already grab great deals off of gizmos, gadgets, jewelry, makeup and clothes. Their early access event has already started, and you can get up to 80 percent off hundreds of top brands. Here are a few of the deals they've advertised:
- 40 percent off Apple watches
- 63 percent off women's Muk Luk's pom pom slippers
- 70 percent off Versace fragrances for men and women
- 72 percent of Kensie women's wool coats
Shop Kohl's Black Friday deals online now and earn $15 Kohl’s Cash when you spend $50. But be careful! The Kohl's cash earned is redeemable only from Nov. 30 to Dec. 6. Black Friday deals are available in-store starting Thursday at 6 p.m.
Macy's starts the online sale on Wednesday, and doors open for Black Friday at 5 p.m. on Thursday. Here are some of their Doorbuster offers:
- 60 percent off kids outerwear
- 60 percent off matching pajamas for the family
- 70 percent off clearance fine jewelry
- 60 percent off select men's outerwear
New York & Company
According to their ad, everything is on sale up to 75 percent off starting on Wednesday and there are hundreds of doorbusters starting Thanksgiving Day. All Eva Mendes collection items are also 50 percent off.
Old Navy is holding flash sales all week (follow them on Facebook to keep up) and has some pretty awesome clothing deals in-store for Black Friday. They're also giving away $100,000 every day of Thanksgiving week — to enter you pick up a game-piece with every in-store purchase.
Target is usually always on the list of stores to hit on Black Friday. If you download the Target app, you can actually plan your #TargetRun and save items and coupons with the lists feature. They also have a 10 days of deals promotion going.
- Buy one, get one half off all jewelry and watches
- 30 percent off all apparel, accessories and shoes for the family
Starting Wednesday, Nov. 23, you’ll be able to pursue all of Foot Locker's sweet deals online. In addition to the sales, there's also multiple online checkout codes for an even deeper discount listed on their website. Sales categories include:
- Basketball shoes
- Casual shoes
Originally published November 2015. Updated November 2016.