The brands below have invested in that theory and craft their products with whole plant sources, organic ingredients, no chemical preservatives, gluten-free contents, animal-friendly practices and eco-friendly packaging.
1. 100% Pure. Hello! Fruit-dyed makeup, how fun is that?
2. Acure. Founded to raise money for breast cancer and promote healthy living.
3. Afterglow Cosmetics. Makeup that is free of synthetics, preservatives and irritants.
4. Alchemy. An array of lip colors, all without parabens and never tested on animals.
5. Alima Pure. A makeup brand that shows you every single ingredient they use.
6. Amala. Uses whole plant ingredients, rather than isolating components.
7. Arbonne. Every product is "crafted with potent botanicals" and natural ingredients.
8. Ava Anderson. At 14, Ava began her naturals line, and you can join her team!
9. Boscia. Uses Japanese technology to create effective, preservative-free products.
10. Dr. Hauschka. Skin care products born from a passion for natural medicine.
11. Ecco Bella. Or "Behold Beautiful," takes pride in their animal-friendly practices.
12. Grown Alchemist. Offers natural technologies for skin care and haircare.
13. Hemp Organics. An Australian company that makes organic lip colors.
14. Inika. Another Australian makeup company that creates vegan products.
15. Intelligent Nutrients. Uses organic, food-grade ingredients.
16. Jane Iredale. Non-comedogenic, allergy-tested and cruelty-free products.
17. John Masters. Wins tons of awards for his beauty products (and pet care!).
18. Josie Maran. Model-turned-entreprenuer, Josie shares fun, sexy, organic items.
19. Just Skin Food. Chemical- and fragrance-free items that will make you hungry.
20. Kahina Giving Beauty. Organic beauty line from Morocco in recycled packages.
21. Kari Gran. Offers a "clean, green beauty routine."
22. Kiss My Face. Cruelty-free products with ethical sourcing and no parabens.
23. Kjaer Weis. Certified organic makeup and award-winning products.
24. Lavera. All their cosmetics are gluten-free, vegan, organic and chemical-free.
25. Meow Meow Tweet. All-natural, vegan, small-batch skin care products.
26. Miessence. Sells organic skin care, cosmetics and superfoods.
27. Mukti. Products are "meticulously researched," vegan and cruelty-free.
28. Natural Instinct. A skin care line with no parabens, sulfates or silicones.
29. Naturopathica. "Natural and organic" is their philosophy.
30. Neal's Yard Remedies. Has awards, plant-based products and a cool name.
31. Nourish Organic. Is 100 percent organic, chemical-free, vegan and gluten-free.
32. Nude. This skin care line is composed of omegas, minerals and probiotics.
33. Nvey Eco. First to coin the phrase, "Green is the new black."
34. One Love Organics. A skin care line, mentioned in all the popular magazines.
35. Origins. Surprise! Origins, an Estée Lauder company, is all organic.
36. Pangea Organics. They pride themselves on the effectiveness of their products.
37. Physicians Formula. The Organic Wear line is chemical-free and mostly organic.
38. Pineapple Heads. A 100 percent natural haircare line for 100 percent kids.
39. Pristine Beauty. A retro vibe on natural, vegan and cruelty-free products.
40. Pure and True. Offers "high-performance, age-defying, organic beauty."
41. Rahua. A hair and bodycare line that primarily uses rahua, a natural oil.
42. Ren. Skin care that is free of synthetics and uses 100 percent plant derivatives.
43. Revolution Organics. "Guilt-free glam" with no chemicals or animal testing.
44. RMS Beauty. Created by a makeup artist who was affected by toxic products.
45. SpaRitual. Features certified organic and vegan nail lacquers.
46. S.W. Basics. A supporter of Keep A Breast, they offer minimalist skin care.
47. Suki. Committed to purtiy, Suki is safe for sensitive skin and pregnant moms.
48. Sukin. Creates sustainable "skincare that doesn't cost the Earth."
49. Sumbody. Deborah Burnes, CEO, formulates each eco-friendly product.
50. Tarte. Began in a one-bedroom apartment, Tarte is now global.
51. Tata Harper. Manufactures nontoxic, antiaging skin care products.
52. Tatcha. Shares Geisha-inspired skin care from Japanese ingredients.
53. Weleda. Established across the globe, they use biodynamic farming methods.
54. World Organic. From aromatherapy to baby, WO offers organiceuticals.
55. Vapour Beauty. Cultivates award-winning, chemical-free products.
56. Zuii Organic. No talc, petrochemicals or parabens — only organic.
And you'll see personalized content just for you whenever you click the My Feed .
SheKnows is making some changes!