With so many amazing colors and brands from which to choose, those of us who aren't loyal to any one lipstick might be shocked to learn that certain lipsticks are all the rage among lots of women in the country, who flock to Sephora to stock up on them. We spoke with Artemis Patrick, Senior Vice President of Merchandising for Sephora, who gave us the goods on nine of the best-selling lipsticks at the store and why they appeal to a variety of shoppers.
1. Kat Von D Beauty Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Lolita
"This cult favorite brown/nude was driven by Kat's social media following. It’s a shade we can barely keep in stock," says Patrick.
2. Sephora Collection Cream Lip Stain in Always Red
"This is a long wearing perfect classic and the 'Sephora Red.'"
3. Bite Luminous Crème Lipstick duo in Fig/Date
"It’s an amazing travel-friendly/handbag-friendly duo in wearable perfect nude shades," according to Patrick.
4. Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella
"This is a cult red that looks good on everyone and is for all skin tones. It comes in a super easy-to-use chubby pencil format and was the featured lip product in Sephora’s 2015 Beauty Insider birthday gift."
5. Nars Satin Lip Pencil in Rikugien
"This is a wearable mauve pink that’s good for all skin tones. It was also featured in Sephora’s 2015 Beauty Insider birthday gift."
6. Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist N9
"An ultra creamy wearable color that’s slightly sheer but shows color in a moisturizing formula. It was the featured product in Sephora’s 2014 Beauty Insider birthday gift."
7. Nars Audacious Lipstick in Anita
"It’s a super weightless formula, neutral rose tone that works with all eye looks and has one swipe coverage."
8. Bite Luminous Crème Lipstick duo in Tangerine/Lingonberry
"This is a great, affordable duo in bright, on-trend pop shades."
9. Marc Jacobs Beauty Le Marc Lip Crème in Cora Cora
"It’s a moisturizing, plumping, and super-pigmented lipstick in a bright coral shade that works well on all skin tones."