With so many chemicals and synthetic ingredients in products these days who knows what long-term damage they could be doing to our hair, not to mention our wallets.
Avocado and Coconut Milk Hair Mask
Avocados are considered to be antifungal and antibacterial which means they are great for treating dandruff, dermatitis and eczema. They also strengthen and fortify your hair.
Coconut milk is rich in protein and has been shown to promote hair growth and reduce the likelihood of hair turning grey. It is a great conditioner because it penetrates the hair, leaving it silky and soft.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Remove the skin and stone and mash the avocado until it is pulp.
- In a microwave-proof bowl, mix the avocado pulp, coconut milk and olive oil and stir thoroughly.
- Heat the mask in a microwave until it is slightly warm. Different makes of microwave will require different heating times but be careful not to make the mask too hot or it may burn you.
- Apply the mask to your hair from the roots to the ends, massaging it into your scalp.
- Leave it on for at least thirty minutes, or if possible for a few hours, and then wash your hair thoroughly. Voila! Healthy silky hair.
More on hair care
The secret to strong healthy hair
5 Supplements for healthy hair
Detox your hair for healthy stunning locks