Are you tired of dull, lifeless skin? Then it's time to take action and banish the problem for good! We've put together a step-by-step guide for achieving smooth, radiant skin.
If you're like many women, you probably already use a scrub or a washcloth to clear away dead skin cells and improve the look of your facial skin, but do you stop there? Exfoliating your entire body will keep your skin all over looking and feeling its best! It's easy to do — just follow this simple, step-by-step guide to help you uncover soft, beautiful skin from head to toe!
Step 1: Choose an exfoliant
Step 2: Dry-brush your skin
- Before you shower, brush your dry skin with a natural body brush.
- Start at the soles of your feet, and use long, sweeping strokes toward your heart.
- Though dry-brushing regularly is effective at removing dead skin, this step works best when it's part of a more thorough exfoliation process, as it helps circulation, stimulates skin cell production and loosens layers of dead skin.
Step 3: Hit the shower
- Step into a warm shower, and wet your entire body before exfoliating.
- Exfoliate only healthy skin — avoid areas where you have wounds or skin irritations.
- Gently cleanse your face with a facial scrub.
- Apply a scrub or cleanser to your gloves, washcloth or loofah, then use small, circular motions to buff away dead skin cells. Pay special attention to areas prone to dry skin, such as elbows, knees and ankles.
- Use a long-handled loofah to reach your back.
- Use a pumice stone to smooth rough spots on your feet.
- After thoroughly rinsing your body with warm water, do a final rinse under cool or cold water.
Step 4: Moisturize
- Now that all the dead skin has been sloughed away, your skin is ready for moisturizer. Be sure to apply a generous amount of body and facial lotion after your shower.
- Perform a full-body exfoliation once or twice a week, but moisturize daily to keep your skin soft and supple.
- To help your skin shed dead cells daily, use a cleanser or moisturizer that contains such ingredients as alpha hydroxy acid or salicylic acid, which will continue to renew and brighten your skin.
More on skin care
Winter skin saviours
Must try anti-wrinkle creams
5 Tips for healthy glowing skin