Blake Lively stunned us all with a jawdropping braid on the Cannes red carpet recently. Find out how to recreate the look for yourself in a few simple steps.
The trick to Blake’s casually glamorous braid is its dual textures; it's super sleek and tousled. To get Blake’s bombshell braid at home, senior stylist Graziella Lembo of SalonCapri Boston recommends these simple steps and styling products to achieve this Cannes-worthy recreation!
Get the look
- Start with dry hair and apply a light coating of L'Oréal Professionnel Texture Expert Freezing Mist to the crown area of the head.
- Using a brush, pull back hair into a medium height pony, brushing back as you go until all flyaways are smoothed into the pony. Spray crown area liberally with L'Oréal Professionnel Perfect Shimmer Shine Illuminating Mist Hairspray for shine and additional hold, and secure with a thick, hair colored elastic.
- Take a 1-inch section from the tail and wrap around the elastic, securing with a bobby pin.
- Next, working with the tail, add L'Oréal Professionnel True Grip Finishing Texturizing Powder from elastic to ends to achieve a tousled and volumized texture. Tease tail for additional volume and texture where needed.
- Braid tail loosely, pulling apart gently as you go and secure end with a clear elastic.
- Finalize the look with a light coat of L'Oréal Professionnel Perfect Shimmer for lasting shine and hold!
Blake's braid parade
This wasn't the first time Blake has turned heads in an amazing braided 'do. The look is a classic Lively go-to, and the actress has been spotted in it many times before.
More celebrity hair tutorials
Get the look: Blake Lively's Met Gala hair
Get the look: Dianna Agron's Met Gala hair
Get the look: Charlize Theron's Met Gala hair