We have a total crush on Emmy Rossum's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week.
Emmy Rossum can do no wrong when it comes to beauty and style. The Shameless actress constantly amazes me with her on-trend looks, and this hairstyle is no different. At a recent event, Emmy wore her beautiful brunette locks in super-shiny, perfect curls to go along with her glowing makeup and gorgeous LBD. Lucky for you, I got Jo Martin, Head of Global Education for ghd, to offer her tips for recreating Emmy's 'do.
Get the look
"One of the key spring/summer trends is nature girl, a look of beauty with soft, natural texture. This look is effortless and glamorous but not overdone," Jo says.
- Adding volume and hold to your style is key to this look. Apply a root lift spray to your hair, then blow dry using a ghd ceramic vented brush and ghd Air professional performance hairdryer to create lift at the root area. Editor's note: Always prep hair for heat styling. We love Matrix Heat Resist Blowout Tamer.
- Once dry, part hair on your desired side. For a look straight off the catwalk, do a deep side part.
- Working from the nape up, take your first section at the top of the ears and clip away remaining hair. Take small vertical subsections of hair, then place your ghd eclipse styler in at the root vertically with the tip of the styler pointing down. Rotate the styler 180 degrees toward the back of the head, then push downwards, gliding the hair through the styler to the ends to create a soft wave.
- Repeat this technique to complete your first section. Now take a second section from the temples and repeat the technique, working your way upwards to the parting.
- Once all the waves are complete, use a ghd detangling comb to gently run through the hair to loosen the waves. For added glamour, tuck the hair behind the ears.
More 'dos we adore