To go along with Shailene's black sleeveless Elie Saab jumper, Roxy created a spring-inspired look that focused on flawless skin and a pop of color on the lips. "We wanted to create an empowering, confident look and we drew inspiration from Audrey Hepburn's classic eyeliner. We then added strong definition with shadows to really spotlight her eyes while not being so bold that we couldn't rock the red lip too," Roxy explained. "She's very young and youthful and too much makeup can appear aging. In general, we never want anything overshadowing or hiding her natural beauty!"
Get the look
The first step to any beautiful makeup look is a smooth skin foundation. Lucky for Roxy, Shailene understands that already.
"Shailene is really good about taking care of her skin, so we don't need to worry too much about adding extra hydration. I generally just spritz a hydrating elixir all over her face, neck and a little bit on her décolleté," Roxy says. "We love one that’s enhanced with natural ingredients that act as aromatherapy and awaken the skin; it’s the perfect skin prep product."
- For a flawless, natural looking finish, start by applying Physicians Formula Organic Wear CC Cream in Light/Medium with your favorite foundation brush (Roxy used #6 from Chanel). Starting at the center of the face, blend outwards until the CC cream melts perfectly into your skin. "Using natural products is very important to Shailene and this one doesn’t compromise performance at all," Roxy says.
- Cover up any imperfections with 100% Pure's Everywhere concealer in Golden Peach. Roxy used the golden peach toned concealer under Shailene's eyes and along the edges of her nose to keep this area fully highlighted.
- To brighten up cheeks, use a bold lip stain in a soft coral hue, and apply it to the very top of cheeks, almost closer to the temples. "I used a swirl and 'pop' motion that gives an almost airbrushed feeling and look to the skin," Roxy says. "Because of the strong eye and bold lip, I didn't want to create a 'blush-ie' look, so that placement is ideal to add a hint of color, without being too noticeable."
- Now it's time to bronze. Roxy used Physicians Formula Natural Wear 100% Natural Origin Bronzer in Light to contour Shailene's cheekbones using a tapered brush. Underneath the cheek bone, she applied it in a back and forth motion to give it real structure.
- To add just the right amount of definition, use 100% Pure's Fruit Pigmented Eyeshadow in Golden Honey in the crease line. Use circular motions while applying and blend right to left.
- Next, emphasize your eyes and make them look bigger with 100% Pure's Fruit Pigmented Eyeshadow in Tahiti on the center of the lid.
- Now it's time to highlight. Use 100% PURE Fruit Pigmented SATIN Eyeshadow in HALO in the inner corner of eyes to open up eyes and make them sparkle.
- Using a waterproof black liner along the top of your lash line, be careful not to make the line too thin or too thick. "I used the edge of the brush, which was bent, allowing for a more precise application. I start at the outer edges, where I brush on a thicker line, and taper it as I move towards her tear duct," Roxy says. "I applied a little bit to the bottom lash line, and stopped at the middle and blended out with a small shadow brush, creating more balance to the eye."
- Roxy says Shailene loves to apply her own mascara. She used Physicians Formula Organic Wear 100% Natural Origin CC Curl + Care Mascara on the top and bottom lashes, giving the bottom ones just a subtle touch of color.
- Roxy says Shailene also loves to apply her own lipstick: "Again, this is a continuation in her being an integral part of her look, giving her a moment to connect back with herself, before being in front of the public's eye." She used Tarte Glamazon Pure Performance 12 hour lipstick in Fierce straight from the tube and used her finger to blend the product into her lips, while still maintaining the vibrant color.
More celeb beauty
Kate Winslet's Divergent beauty look
Cate Blanchett's Oscars makeup
Naomi Watts' Oscars makeup