Get the makeup
The look: Peachy eyes, lush lashes and radiant skin.
Inspiration: To complement Kate's poppy red dress, makeup artist Jillian Dempsey reached for a neutral palette to emphasize the actress' natural features. She used all Lancôme products.
- Start off your look by providing lift and illumination with Rénergie Éclat Multi-Lift.
- Even out any imperfections with a light foundation like Teint Miracle Foundation.
- Add a pop of color with a light dusting of Blush Subtil in Soft Pink on the apples of cheeks.
- Set your look and add a touch of illumination with a coating of Translucence Silky Loose Powder all over the face.
- Make sure your eye makeup lasts all night with a strong base. Try: Lancôme Aquatique Waterproof Eyeshadow Base.
- Brighten your peepers with the new Color Design Eye Brightening All-In-One 5 Shadow & Liner Palette in French Nude.
- Add lift to your lashes with a coat of Définicils High Definition Mascara in Deep Black.
- Emphasize your pretty eyes with some major definition in the form of eyeliner. Use: Le Stylo Waterproof EyeLiner in Noir.
- Polish your brows with a pencil to make them extra camera ready. Use: Le Crayon Poudre in Natural Blonde.
- Achieve Kate's pretty pout with Color Design Sensational Effects Lipcolor in Natural Beauty.
Get the hair
The look: Modern waves with a beachy edge.
The inspiration: Celebrity hairstylist Renato Campora was inspired by Kate's bold dress and opted to give her sexy yet sophisticated beachy waves.
- Start off by applying John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Building Mousse to clean, wet hair.
- Next, run a small amount of John Frieda Luxurious Volume Root Booster Blow Dry Lotion to hair, concentrating on the roots to ensure volume.
- Now it's time to blow dry! Once your hair is completely dry, use a 1.5-inch curling iron to create voluminous waves that have a beachy, yet defined, style.
- Let your waves cool, and then finish the look with John Frieda Luxurious Volume All Day Hold Hairspray to maintain volume all night long.
More celebrity beauty
Cate Blanchett's Oscars makeup
Naomi Watts' Oscars makeup
2014 Oscars beauty report