We have a total crush on Maggie Q's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week.
If you're getting impatient waiting for the next installment of The Hunger Games, you're in luck because there's a new soon-to-be-huge movie series coming out today: Divergent. As the book-turned-movie hits theaters today, we're celebrating one of its stars, Maggie Q, and her super sexy, sleek hairstyle.
The actress swept her locks back in this shiny 'do to go along with her risque black ensemble for the film's Los Angeles premiere this week. Naturally, we're dying to find out how to score the style ourselves so we sought the help of Sarah Potempa, Aussie Celebrity Stylist. Read on for the step-by-step tips for creating Maggie's sexy style in the comfort of your own home.
Get the look
"This look is so chic, sleek and gorgeous. By simply changing your routine (and your part!) you can be red carpet ready in no time!" Sarah says.
- The foundation and health of your hair are key to the end result in this style! Use a large toothed comb in the shower while deep conditioning your hair with Aussie 3 Minute Miracle SHINE. This will help align the cuticle of the hair for ultimate reflection.
- Create a clean, heavy side part on damp hair and blow dry downward with a paddle brush. TIP: To find the perfect part, hold your tail comb (or a pencil) from the edge of your nose out toward the arch in your eyebrow.
- Section from the bottom up and flat iron with the Sarah Potempa Ceramic Styling Iron. Once you reach the sections in the front, place a small amount of Aussie Miraculously Smooth Anti-Frizz Cream and apply combing hair back, tucking each section behind the ears.
- Spray the hair with Aussie You Can Shine Hi Hold + Hi Shine Hairspray for the ultimate shine that lasts all night long! TIP: For a more even, intense hold, spray the hairspray directly on a comb and then apply it to the hair. This will ensure that the hair stays tucked behind the ears with a locked in reflective quality.
- Throw on a stunning black dress, a pair of cool earrings and you are ready to rock this look.
More 'dos we adore
Katy Perry's braided ponytail
Nancy O'Dell's perky pony
Jennifer Hudson's cute pixie