We have a total crush on Vanessa Hudgens' chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week.
If you haven't noticed Vanessa Hudgens' recent beauty transformation, it's time to pay her some attention. The actress has been pushing fashion and beauty boundaries in a major way the past few months and I've fallen for several of her recent hairstyles. This pretty sideswept twisted ponytail caught my attention for several reasons.
First, it kind of looks like a braid at first sight. The intricate twisting going on here offers such a nice twist (pardon the pun) on the usual ponytail. Oh and the glossy texture of her hair helps a lot too. I got celebrity hairstylist Chaz Dean to share his tips for recreating Vanessa's style at home. Have fun styling, loves!
Get the look
"It's a fun, fresh and flirty look that can be dressed up or dressed down. It looks good wearing anything from a gown to jeans, T-shirt and a leather jacket," Chaz says.
- Cleanse your hair with WEN Lavender Cleansing Conditioner for optimum volume and body. Rinse and repeat. With your hair still soaking wet, take 1 to 2 dime-size drops of the cleanser (depending on the thickness of your hair) and apply it as a leave-in, working it in from the mid shaft to the ends.
- Follow this with 1 pump of WEN Lavender Styling Crème, 2 pumps of WEN Smoothing Glossing Serum and 12 pumps of WEN Nourishing Mousse. Work the products into your hair thoroughly for better heat protection.
- Blow dry your hair until it’s about 80 percent dry. For the best volume results, flip your head upside down while drying. Make sure that you use a nozzle on the blow dryer and that you keep it moving while you dry — this helps to prevent burning or singeing your hair.
- Take 2-inch thick sections of your hair with a medium round brush and continue to blow dry your hair until it’s completely dry.
- Pin curl your hair into big curls using small double-prong clips. You can apply your makeup while you wait for your curls to set.
- Remove the clips, drop your curls and soften them by running your fingers through your hair.
- Pull your hair to 1 side, split it into 3 sections and braid it loosely for 4 strokes. At the fourth stroke, use regular bobby pins to secure the end of the braid in place.
- Of your remaining loose sectioned hair, take the longest section of the three and wrap it around the end of the braid. Secure it in place from underneath, using an additional bobby pin. Your final result should look like a soft twisted ponytail.
More 'dos we adore
Bella Thorne's braided bun
Cate Blanchett's glam faux bob
Nina Dobrev's wispy bun