We have a total crush on Kate Mara's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week.
For those of us gals who are quite lazy with our beauty routine, the wet hair look is always a welcome trend. If you're a bit skeptical about the style and want to avoid looking sloppy, though, Kate Mara is showing us the perfect way to rock sleek, wet locks while still keeping things high fashion (hint: It involves loads of bobby pins). Moroccanoil’s Artistic Director, Antonio Corral Calero, was kind enough to share his tips for scoring Kate's sleek style. Have fun styling, ladies!
Get the look
"This is an easy hairstyle that uses bobby pins in a clever way; the key here is to have fun and be creative with the accessories," Antonio says.
- For the perfect foundation, apply the Moroccanoil Treatment on damp hair. It will make strands sleek and shiny and easier to manage.
- Create a deep side part parallel to mid-eyebrow and begin blow drying 2-inch sections using the Moroccanoil Classic Boar Bristle Brush. Work from the back of the hair to the front.
- After drying, apply the Moroccanoil Hydrating Styling Cream from root to mid-shaft. This will control frizz as well as add light texture and hold.
- The key part to this hairstyle is the way that the pins are placed. Brush the hair smooth in a backward direction and place the bobby pins in a crisscrossed pattern — interlocking each X — from ear to ear.
- Tame flyaways and secure the style with a fine mist of the Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray.
More 'dos we adore
Bella Thorne's half updo
Cate Blanchett's glam faux bob
Nina Dobrev's wispy bun