We're obsessed with Emma Watson's hairstyle at the 2014 Academy Awards.
Emma Watson always takes risks with her awards show fashion choices — and the 2014 Academy Awards are no exception. The Bling Ring star opted to go messy at the formal event. We have to copy the style, so we asked Jasmine, a stylist with Oscar Blandi Salon in New York City, to give us tips on recreating the look at home.
"Emma Watson's messy textured hair is softly pinned back with some bobby pins and finished off with some accessories," says Jasmine.
To get the look:
- Use texture spray to add volume and cushion for the teasing for the top of head.
- Create the side part after teasing the brush back; leave some hair out on the side by the sideburns.
- Use bobbie pins to pull the hair back, folding the hair over.
- Leave the ends of the hair out to give it a messy look
- Use a hair accessory to pin into the back and add hairspray to finish off the look.
It's really that simple!
Photo credit: Getty Images/Franzer Harrison/Getty Images Entertainment
More on Oscars fashion
Lupita Nyong'o goes bold at the Oscars in baby blue Prada
Get the look: Naomi Watts' Oscars makeup
Hands down, this is one of the best dresses at 2014 Oscars