We have a total crush on Katy Perry's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
When I'm looking for a fun, creative beauty look, I know I can always turn to the lovely Katy Perry! This is one gal who always has a great time with fashion, and pushes the limits of style. Miss Perry recently rocked this bold braided ponytail and we're showing you how you can score her style with the help of Cortney Peck, stylist at Boston's renowned Jeffrey Lyle Salon!
Get the look
- Towel dry hair and apply a smoothing product (L'Oreal Smooth Velours).
- Rough dry to about 90 percent dry, and then finish with a large round brush to finish ends. (Make sure hair is completely dry to prevent frizz.)
- Using a bristle brush, smooth hair into a high ponytail. Spray hair with hairspray (L'Oreal Infinium 3) to secure and keep any baby hairs from falling out.
- Separate ponytail into 1 large section on top and 1 small section underneath.
- Braid larger section and secure at the bottom with elastic. Braid smaller section and secure with another elastic.
- Wrap the smaller braid around the larger braid at the base of the ponytail. Use a bobby pin to secure and make sure ends are tucked in and under the small braid.
- Spray with more hairspray to ensure hold!
More 'dos we adore
Sarah Michelle Gellar's braided half updo
Kelly Rowland's wavy hairstyle
Kate Middleton's curly 'do
Photo credit: Judy Eddy/WENN.com