We have a total crush on Nancy O'Dell's chic 'do. Find out why in this week's installment of Celeb Hairstyle of the Week!
Nancy O'Dell always looks camera-ready on Entertainment Tonight, but the TV host also looks pretty fab in her time off and at events. Here, I spied Nancy rocking a pretty perky ponytail that's giving me a serious case of hair envy! I asked Shannon Walsh, stylist at Boston's renowned Jeffrey Lyle Salon, how we can all recreate the look at home. Here's what she had to say!
You will need: Blow dryer, volumizing mousse/spray, 1.5-2-inch curling iron, sectioning clips, elastics, bobby pins and hairspray
Get the look
- Start off by putting a volumizing mousse or spray at the root on damp hair.
- I am a firm believer of drying your hair upside down to get maximum volume.
- Once your hair is completely dry, section hair into 3 big sections and clip out of the way. (Mohawk, above the ear and right above the neck)
- Begin at the bottom section, and take a 1.5-inch curling iron and curl your hair.
- Curl all your hair working up to the mohawk section and once you reach that, try to curl all your hair away from your face (think Charlie's Angels).
- Once this is all done, spray everything over, and go in with your fingers to loosely "comb" out the curls.
- Leaving your bang section out, tie your hair back into a ponytail with an elastic.
- Take the fringe section you left out and using your fingers loosely comb the hair back toward the elastic, making sure you do not pull down the volume or curl. Bobby pin in place.
More 'dos we adore
Kelly Rowland's waves
Kate Middleton's curls
Malin Akerman's twist
Photo credits: FayesVision/WENN.com, Brian To/WENN.com